Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself my name is Sharyn. I really love the Lotus flower it is what I aspire my life to be like. Maybe some day I can rise out of the mud and become new and beautiful just like the Lotus, most days though I don't believe it I am just now working through my abusive past and have been for a little over a year now, both my counselor and my pastor tell me they see changes in me while I see nothing. Some days I feel okay when I get up and then with in an hour I am ready to go back to bed. It doesnt help that I am in a job I hate with a boss who mimics my abuser not from the physcial stand point just from the verbal and how she treats me. I need a way to cope as I deal with digging out of my past and as I hopefully move on to a new and better life. Any ways will keep this short. Glad to meet everyone and hope to be able to get in the chat room soon.

sharyn

Welcome to AS! I know you will find support here, I hope it will assist you in your healing journey!

Take care,

- Nici

Thanks Nici where did you get that quote? Can I borrow it?

sharyn

Welcome to AS! I know you will find support here, I hope it will assist you in your healing journey!

Take care,

- Nici

Hi Sharyn,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know. By the way, you must have ten post to enter the chatroom. The quickest way to get those posts is to welcome other newcomers.

Take care,

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

You need 10 posts to be able to get in the chat room.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Welcome to AS!!! Hope you find this board to be as awesome and supportive as I have.

welcome sharyn. :)

Thank you Lynn so much. I am trying to find as much help as I can to deal with my past so that I can finally begin to live my future. Most days I dont even know how to be a person and I have people telling me to get friends well that is not as easy as when we were kids and at least we had being in school in common. Now that I have begun to talk and deal with my abuse I feel like I wear it like a sign around my neck that only I seem to be able to see. Any ways thanks again.

sharyn

Hi Sharyn,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know. By the way, you must have ten post to enter the chatroom. The quickest way to get those posts is to welcome other newcomers.

Take care,