Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My screen name Kegulneq means "wolf" in Inuit. A beautiful creature who has strong instincts. Is loyal to their family to the end but is misjudged by others often. This is me.

I'm a little nervous about this whole message board thing but someone I trust thinks it will help me if I can find others who have gone through what I have so I have someone to relate to. So... I'm giving it a shot.

I hope that I will find acceptance here and not judgement but only time will tell I guess. But I have high hopes as I know this community is filled with survivors like myself...

Blessing to all of you! I hope that we can all find healing in our journeys

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Kegulneq I too am in search of a place outside of my counselors office and the small group I attend who have gone through what I have and to be able to talk to someone would be great, I have tried one so called out patient intense therapy and one in patient and as everyone was there for different reasons it really didnt help me all that much. It is really hard to share what you have been through with people who have no clue, they can pretend they understand but they really don't. People are also getting on me to find friends how does someone who really trusts no one find a friend? I just wish I could have had a normal childhood and therefore be a normal adult, well whatever normal is any ways.

sharyn

Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My screen name Kegulneq means "wolf" in Inuit. A beautiful creature who has strong instincts. Is loyal to their family to the end but is misjudged by others often. This is me.

I'm a little nervous about this whole message board thing but someone I trust thinks it will help me if I can find others who have gone through what I have so I have someone to relate to. So... I'm giving it a shot.

I hope that I will find acceptance here and not judgement but only time will tell I guess. But I have high hopes as I know this community is filled with survivors like myself...

Blessing to all of you! I hope that we can all find healing in our journeys

Hi Kegulneq,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

I hope you are finding your way around the baords ok.

Found

Sharyn,

I totally know what you mean. Its so hard to find people who you can trust. I have tried so many times and it seems like everytime I find someone once i tell my story thats it. They just stop talking to me. I'm too much for them or they dont believe me. Its so frustrating and each time it happens it gets even harder to find a new friend.

I am constantly telling my therapist that I just want to live a normal life. And she always asks me that. What is a normal life? A normal life would be not being afraid all the time. Not having nightmares every night. Not being an adult who is afraid of the dark becuase of the things that happen in it. Having a normal relationship with someone. All these things that I cant have and seems like it never will.

Our normal is nothing like their normal. And I'm so tired of it being them and us. We are all people. Why cant it just be like that? Just people loving each other and understanding.

Hello Kegulneq from another newbie!

You expressed it well when you spoke of your fear of opening up to friends about your true feelings. I have lost a close friend over this also because she had never seen me fearful and hurting like this and she said that she couldn't handle it now. We were close for years and she decided I wasn't good for her right now! I would not have done this to her and I do not want to isolate over it- I do not think that you will either.

You said that you want to have friends and maybe you and I will find true friends now- those special ones that stand by us when we are suffering. I want to continue to love and see the beauty in my life. I think that you do too.

welcome. :)