Sign in to follow this  
flyingflowers

I Really Think As Should Take Part In This

I think it would be awesome if AS could sponsor this medical facility:

http://www.patientmodesty.org/index.aspx

I was so happy when I came across this, and it makes me want to move to Nebraska. I have always had MAJOR issues with being "seen" by "medical professionals" and I hit the roof when I found this, when I was looking for signs of other women that felt the same way I feel about it.

Please look this site over really good and let me know if there's anything we can do.

Thanks

FF

:tealribbon::luck:

does there eally need to be a whole institute to support this...surly its up to the individual patients to speak up if they are not comfortable with a medical procedure, or feel they havent had a procedure fully explained.

Ive not really got too much of an issue with doctors 'seeing' my body while in hopsital...i mean, if your ill and needing care and intervention, then, way i see it, its really no time to be clinging onto modesty..doctors and nurses are not really 'looking' at your body anyways...they are acting as professionals, whos job it is to care for people in times of sickness.

just my thots anyways xxx

hi flyingflowers

i am sorry that it has been so difficult for you to be "seen" by doctors - but i do think that is more of a personal problem and not necessarily related to what we are about at after silence. (inappropriate sexual attempts do also happen in this setting, of course, but they really happen pretty much in any setting you can imagine, sadly.)

i personally have no issues at all with people being present at my examinations (even gyno), or taking off my cloths for an operation. i personally feel a lot more violated by the simple fact that i can barely walk on the street or even go to a museum without being stared at, drooled for, and hit on by some dirty old bastard. - so would be a personal problem that i have.

since this is a page about sexual violence, i would only find it appropriate for it to be related to anybody who explicitly addresses the same thing. for example, if AS could somehow make a contribution to save children in india from child prostitution (random example, but very sad truth) - i would be all for it. however, i think that AS's financial and practical possibilities are really limited, simply bc it is a free page; so i really do not expect for AS to spend any money on any sort of advertising or anything - they are very easy to find over google, and that seems enough to me.

my two cents.....

riana