Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Let Me Tell You

about myself. I joined this group back in October when i first stated therapy. Maybe i just wasn't ready but i found things too intense and left. I've been desperate to get somewhere in therapy and have been seeking out any and all online resources. I found Angela Shelton and ended up back here.

I'm not sure why i didn't see all the helpful posts before but I've seen them this time. I know through therapy and i need to widen my support group. I have very few friends and no real true ones. So here i am. I've been here everyday, more than once a day for the last week. I want to get to know the regulars on here. I'm hoping to find a kindred spirit as i tend to always think I'm the odd one out, even with SA survivors.

I'd love to change my user name. I don't feel like i have to hide who i am that much anymore. My name is Barb. I am 50 years old. I have two grown children, a husband and two granddaughters. Oh and a dog. I live in Canada. I am very involved in Girl Guides. I'm more than ready to get on with a fulfilling life as i don't have one, now.

Hi everyone :wave:

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

If you want to change your name then you can always pm myself or another mod - or vera/lindy - and it can be changed for you

best wishes

karen

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Barb :)

Welcome - I am so glad to have you, this will help, I promise. I joined, I have laughed, and done a lot of and crying - I feel better though.

I take lots of pictures to help me heal; here is one especially for you, I give each new member a different picture. Thank you for having courage!

Please know this Mantra - "It wasn't my fault, I can heal."

4732611326_a1246afcb5.jpg

:tealribbon: :tealribbon: :tealribbon:

welcome back, barb. :)