Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone, New Noobie Come To Say Hello!

Wow - I've been reading some of the threads on here, and I can't tell you how assuring it is to know that I'm not on my own! Some people actually know how I am feeling.

Made me feel all fuzzy inside...no wait...I need a wee. :blush:

I am just another insignificant dot mixed in an infinite amount of other insignificant dots. Hence, just like all you other dots, would greatly relish in the comfort on making my mark on the world ‘negligible’ as opposed to ‘nil’. Lets, as you will, imagine that I (a happy clappy "all is well" 19 year old, all too jolly to thrive and discuss new found revelations and inner beliefs all rather too closely in comparison with the likes of molten biscuits in plastic slips instead of boxes), began to thrive on a greater, more challenging passion. One that would require copious amounts of enthusiasm spattered with equal amount of alcoholic usage. I fully intend to exploit this passion at an insitution of higher education. Subsequently, I will enjoy engaging in turvey pitting and owning a inquisitive parrot named Mephigroo.

Or alternatively - I'm a student, I own an impressive parrot of whoms favourite word I cannot mention for sensorship reasons. I find drinking tea with my scary but passionate roomates, deliberating the chocolate bourbon over the less favourable rich tea whilst Inuit throat singing - is my definition of a perfect night in. And I have absolutely no idea what 'turvey pitting' is.

(The bourbon inevitably wins, but in all my vacuous indecision - I eat both instead). :wink:

Bourbons aside, I am of course here for a reason. Like many of you beautiful people on here, I have my own ghosts to face. I am a surviver of child sexual abuse, of which, until now - has been my secret.

I really hope I finally get to share my story, and unburden myself with this excruciating secret that has effected my life. I can't wait to finally speak with people who really know how it feels to be abused, I don't want it to be a taboo anymore!

p.s. As a side note. I am a grade A insomniac - you will forever find me posting at daft o'clock, so please bare with me, or even join me! :)

lovelove x

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

I am up late too, I work 3rd shift.

Feel free to message me anytime.

Found

Hiya, welcome to AS, I hope you're finding your way around okay :flowers: I really wanna seek out some bourbon biscuits now lol.

Wow - I've been reading some of the threads on here, and I can't tell you how assuring it is to know that I'm not on my own! Some people actually know how I am feeling.

I am just another insignificant dot mixed in an infinite amount of other insignificant dots. Hence, just like all you other dots, would greatly relish in the comfort on making my mark on the world ‘negligible’ as opposed to ‘nil’. Lets, as you will, imagine that I (a happy clappy "all is well" 19 year old, all too jolly to thrive and discuss new found revelations and inner beliefs all rather too closely in comparison with the likes of molten biscuits in plastic slips instead of boxes), began to thrive on a greater, more challenging passion. One that would require copious amounts of enthusiasm spattered with equal amount of alcoholic usage. I fully intend to exploit this passion at an insitution of higher education. Subsequently, I will enjoy engaging in turvey pitting and owning a inquisitive parrot named Mephigroo.

Or alternatively - I'm a student, I own an impressive parrot of whoms favourite word I cannot mention for sensorship reasons. I find drinking tea with my scary but passionate roomates, deliberating the chocolate bourbon over the less favourable rich tea whilst Inuit throat singing - is my definition of a perfect night in. And I have absolutely no idea what 'turvey pitting' is.

(The bourbon inevitably wins, but in all my vacuous indecision - I eat both instead). :wink:

Bourbons aside, I am of course here for a reason. Like many of you beautiful people on here, I have my own ghosts to face. I am a surviver of child sexual abuse, of which, until now - has been my secret.

I really hope I finally get to share my story, and unburden myself with this excruciating secret that has effected my life. I can't wait to finally speak with people who really know how it feels to be abused, I don't want it to be a taboo anymore!

p.s. As a side note. I am a grade A insomniac - you will forever find me posting at daft o'clock, so please bare with me, or even join me! :)

lovelove x

i hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thank you everyone!

T'is lovely to meet you all my fellow Rastafarian Tea Biscuits < I made that one up myself

@ Wishy - Ha ha, have one of mine, I 'ave an infinit supply! Thank you :)

@Found - Thank you lovely, Ima inching my way around gradually - I feel like a virtual Ninga right now. (In a more of a amical-kindred kind of way of course ha ha.)

@ Ann123 - Lovely to meet you and thank you :)

@yelloebus1 - Oh wait.... That's me! Terrible, terrible username. I shall think of another when I'm running on more than a measily 2 hours of shut-eye fuel.

Hope to bump into you all soon :)

For now, I shall wait with much over-enthused gusto for when I can use this jubilant dancing narna! > :dance:

Mucho lovos,

nicky

welcome nicky. :)

welcome nicky. :)

Thank you Whimsical, lovely to meet you!

I am an insomniac too :shrug:

Welcome - I am so glad to have you, this will help, I promise. I joined, I have laughed, and done a lot of and crying - I feel better though.

I take lots of pictures to help me heal; here is one especially for you, I give each new member a different picture. Thank you for having courage!

Please know this Mantra - "It wasn't my fault, I can heal."
:tealribbon:

4543961165_5b5d794cf2.jpg

Male Acorn Woodpecker - Melanerpes formicivorus

:luck:

I feel your pain brother :) No sleep sucks!

How did you know I love birds! :woot: I'm very pleased with your gift, I shall display it with much enthused gusto :hug:

Nicky.

Wow! You seem like such an interesting person! Thank you for sharing your thoughts as I find your insight amusing to read as well as helpful. You give an uplift to this solemn issue that brings us all together in this forum. And I too am insomniac....well mre so on and off. Some nights I find the darkness brings flashbacks and grim thoughts to my uneasy mind and although he tries with such a loving and passonate heart, my husband does not alwas have the strength to keep his eyes open all night with me and other times I cannot find the words or strength to let him see how badly I have been affected internally. At times you may find me a companion on late nights, finding the light to scare the dark thoughts away from my mind. Looking forward to talking and sharing more with you and I hope you as well as myself can find the strength to break the silence and share our experiences as a way to finally heal ourselves.

lovelove x

Welcome to AS Nicky!!! Hope you find this site to be as helpful and healing as it has been to me.

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Lovely to meet you all :wave:

Apologies for not replying sooner, my computer had a fortuitous brain fart - he's on his last legs bless 'im!

@jane_doe Thank you kindly :blush:

@glassprincess - Absolute gem! Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly ole bean - No-one can quite quell my impressively bad sense of humour, it was developed by watching too much Mr Bean and not enough Sleeping Beauty as a wee yin I believe...

I sincerely wish you all the best my power trooper. Lovely to meet you. You know where I am when in need of some lightwinded witty banter :flowers:

@nursemandi - Thank you lovie x

@lynn - Hey Lynn! Thanks for the warm welcome, muchly grateful :flowers:

@kaylinmarie - Thank you my fellow noob! I welcome you with a squeeze and a narna :dance:

I agree, I can see this site becoming my grounds for all things nice and all things bumpy - and all things irrelavant really...including my current woes of the scary landlord over-yonder who, for no reason apparant to myself, keeps stealing my food and pushing blank post-it notes through my open window. He's a special character who likes breaking into my apartment at daft o'clock in the morning, screaming impressive profanities about Justin Beibers haircut whilst wearing his jazzy oven-mitts imported from Peru - was a tad intimidating, especially when I realised he had better oven mitts than me.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling again. I'm so guileless its frightening!

Lovely to meet you :flowers: