Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Forgot To Intro Myself

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Wonderful to meet you kspouse!

nicky.

Welcome - I am so glad to have you, this will help, I promise. I joined, I have laughed, and done a lot of and crying - I feel better though.

I take lots of pictures to help me heal; here is one especially for you, I give each new member a different picture. Thank you for having courage!

Please know this Mantra - "It wasn't my fault, I can heal."

4749481697_bbe55f8243.jpg

Well having been married to a survivor is tough as anything I hae ever been through.She has done a uturn for the better just with God and me.But its still testing me.She is trying to fix me now and I dont know how to take it because I feel I'm not the one,however after everything thats happened over the last 10 years she knows that she has not been there for me and feels guilty.All I can do is be myself which she likes but trys to rain on my parade.I tell you its damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Would be difficult. I can tell you that the emotional rollercoaster survivors go through is hard. Being a survivor I know this. I also know how hard it was for everyone who cared about me. It takes time.

Welcome to AS!

Hello it is nice to see a spouse of a survivor in here. That shows a lot of support for your wife being in here and I give you the best of luck and prayers that you both continue to stand by each other and love each other and overcome as a partnership. Can I ask you for some insight from your point of view? I am a survivor and joining this forum is the first step in my journey towards healing. I hope that by speaking and opening up in an anonymous, online group will help me find the courage to speak outloud about my experience with somebody who can further help (such as a therapist) and open up to my husband. He knows the jist of everthing but he still has questions and wants me to open up and share my feelings and exerience with him but I cannot do it. I dont want to think about everything that happenedthat night and I feel like he may feel differently towards me. I dont want him to have to share my pain but he already seems to be. Coming from your point of view do you have anything you would feel comfortable sharing with me? Did anything that you anf your wife go experience change your feelings about your relationship or does sharing together make it easier or even make the relationship stronger? I know eventually soon I have to open up to him, I dont have any friends except for him to share with either, and Im not exactly sure how to explain in words what is holding me back. I did nothing wrong and in theory I know this but feelings dont always make sense, that is just what they are. Its a little bit of fear, shame, embarrssment, and wanting to protect him that is holding me back. Again it is really nice to see you here sharing with the group and it says a lot about you just being here. Its gonna be a hard road for us all but knowing we are not alone gives all the hope in the world to me and is the only thing that is helping me to make these baby steps toward sharing my experoiences and opening up to myself and the one I care about.

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,