Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Changes On The Website?

hey,

i was wondering if there has been a change in how to add pics to a post. cause i used to know how to do that.... but i just cant find it anymore. (and i tried that little icon above the typing box, idk if that has always been there, never used it before - but it only allows pics that have online links, i think.)

how do i post pictures from my computer now? (even if it has not changed.... please remind me?)

also, a while ago i started getting error messages about too many emoticons in one post. that was quite irritating, and i felt that it had not been there before, and now i wonder if that has been changed back again? or has it always been the same, and my number of emoticons varies that much?!?! lol. [if this rule is still here, can someone pls tell me how that works? how many emoticons are allowed per post???]

anyway....not so important, but i thought i'd ask.

thank you!

riana

Lol, hun, I think you're just having a 'senior moment' :P !! I do that all the time with sites like this ~ just suddenly forget how to do something I'd been doing for ages.

The pics thing is still the same. It's underneath the white box where you type (but it seems that not all the boards on AS have this feature). There's a little box on the bottom right of the screen that says 'browse' which lets you select something from your documents, then you hit 'upload'. Your attachments will appear in a box in the same place and if you go into that box and click on the green symbol (possibly a tick, I forget) you can arrange your pics where you want in your post. That's all probably clear as mud, lol :lol: !

As for the 'too many emoticons' thing ~ no change there either, has always been thus! There is just a max number you can use ~ I occasionally meet with the 'error' message too but I never counted so not sure how prolific you have to be to get there. I shouldn't think it's a rule as such, just a limitation of the website.

Hope that helps :flowers:

Reyzl

As far as I know there have been no changes - but before I was a mod a whole new forum arrived and it took me about 2 weeks to see it there!

I have loads of trouble the emoticons - half the time I cannot access them all but only the limit view that is to the left of the reply box - no idea why that is

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

By trial and error I have found that it appears you can only post 15 (no idea if it makes any difference which emoticon you use - but 15 flowers was the limit!!)

You cannot post pictures in all the forums - so perhaps you were trying to post in a forum that does not allow them?

:P thanks, ladies!

yeah, i tried to upload them in the aftermath forum, and i can see how people would not often try that..... lol.... but i did not think that the pic option is limited to certain forums. (i did check at a different place later on and there it all was again, just as i knew it! lol. thank you, reyzl, for the desription though, that was nice!)

aawww karen, you tried it out for me! :wub: that is funny. thank you. i really never got that error message, and then suddenly i got it half the times i tried to post, which was really irritating. :hmm:

thank you for taking a few minutes to help me out with this stuff - i pretty often feel lost with anything technical and was seriously doubting myself! :P

:hug::hug::hug:

riana