Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Slowly Peeking In....

Hello,

I'm starting to slowly reach out for some support. I begin with a psychiatrist next week. I'm 30 married with 3 children and burying and trying to hide this pain for so long it's taken over my life. What we thought were seizures turned out to be caused from a symptom of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that mimics seizures. While I'm very happy to not have been labeled with epilepsy...I have opened up the door I sealed shut. Never having dealt with anything has made things worse and I just need support.

I have a great support system at home, but am not ready to join one IRL.

Thank you for reading

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

I bury things too.

I am 33 years old.

Glad you came here, there is lots of support.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

welcome julian.

Welcome to the site!

If you keep piling things up, they will eventually fall.

I'm glad you are seeking help. It's hard, but it's something you must do if you want to live a happy life. It's going to be a tough road, not doubt about it, but it will be worth it entirely in the end. I wish you luck on your journey!

Hi Julien,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. My road to a PTSD diagnosis was tremors and shaking...not sure if that is what you dealt with or not...coming from anxiety. It wasn't easy to deal with but has, for the most part, disappeared with time and treatment.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Welcome to AS!

I see a therapist once a week but I was unable to join a support group IRL. AS has been a savior for me. When I read various posts, it was like they were in my head and typing out my thoughts. I am just in awe of how much actively participatin in AS helped me to feel like I am not alone.

Callie

:unsure:

hi everyone--when i say my age to people they seem to disaappear --they dont care

what i have done or what i do--some just dont like old things- even when i say i wrote

a book--

but all of you seem to welcome me into your homes by this formn

and i thank you

Thank you very much for the welcome! I was honestly afraid to come back to check. :unsure: Not that I was afraid that there wouldn't be supportive replies, just afraid to come back. I see my new psychiatrist tomorrow. That brings on a whole new set of feelings.

Lynn my PTSD presented itself much like yours. Lately it's just been day to day. The nightmares are horrific again and I'm so jumpy. I'm afraid to be home alone.

Edited by missingjulien

Hi Julien,

Hope you find AS to be very helpful. I sure have.

Best to you as you go to your first psychiatrist appointment tomorrow.

:flowers:

Tryn

Thinking of you.

Found