Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member Introductions!

Greetings!

I cannot tell you how delighted I am to find this site. I stumbled across it while I was trying to find images and books about Lotus Flowers. I am a survivor of childhood incest at the hands of my father (I was 9 years old) . I am currently in therapy at 36 years old. I was before on and off but I never really addressed the abuse. It wasn't until last year, my world was turned upside down and I seeked therapy finally. I am a Nichiren Buddhist and I run a popular blog (dued to the enormous outpouring of love and support of other Buddhist members and friends). I read what the Lotus Flower means on your site and I was deeply moved that I wrote about it on my blog and also provided a link to it.

The blog http://lotusflowersgi.blogspot.com/

Spreading the wonders and joy of Nichiren Buddhism through articles, experiences, art, music, film, comedy and pop culture...plus my own thoughts

I am therapy and it has made a world of a difference to me. It was only recently after no contact with my dad over 20 years that he contacted me through fb, that he wanted a reunion of sorts..but my dad sadly said it wouldve have to be because I wanted it not if Im going to thrash him. Then I get another email from him saying how I mustve been doing voodoo on him because had one misfortune after the next and if I can forgive him. He added he was homeless (he's remarried for years with step kids) long story as to why charges werent filed (thats another story for another day..lol) but now he'd emailed my sis to get to me saying to her that he never did anything to me, that I made it up, I lied and that I seduced him. And on top of that having his wife email my sis and telling her that there was no abuse and she doesnt understand why we dont talk to our dad and that my mom was the super mean one. So according to my dad, my mom was cheating and neglecting him, and I said hey I can keep you company and help you sexually. All lies. Its just been one after another. Im learning to let go and deal with the anger. Im also dealing with dissociative disorder. And Im learning how to cope with that. Im a very private and shy person after the abuse happened but it was affecting my life, relationships, everything to the point where I had to finally put myself first.

Thank you for creating this site. :D

Looking forward to connecting with others. flowers.gif

Edited by loflow73
Greetings!

I cannot tell you how delighted I am to find this site. I stumbled across it while I was trying to find images and books about Lotus Flowers. I am a survivor of childhood incest at the hands of my father (I was 9 years old) . I am currently in therapy at 36 years old. I was before on and off but I never really addressed the abuse. It wasn't until last year, my world was turned upside down and I seeked therapy finally. I am a Nichiren Buddhist and I run a popular blog (dued to the enormous outpouring of love and support of other Buddhist members and friends). I read what the Lotus Flower means on your site and I was deeply moved that I wrote about it on my blog and also provided a link to it.

The blog http://lotusflowersgi.blogspot.com/

Spreading the wonders and joy of Nichiren Buddhism through articles, experiences, art, music, film, comedy and pop culture...plus my own thoughts

I am therapy and it has made a world of a difference to me. It was only recently after no contact with my dad over 20 years that he contacted me through fb, that he wanted a reunion of sorts..but my dad sadly said it wouldve have to be because I wanted it not if Im going to thrash him. Then I get another email from him saying how I mustve been doing voodoo on him because had one misfortune after the next and if I can forgive him. He added he was homeless (he's remarried for years with step kids) long story as to why charges werent filed (thats another story for another day..lol) but now he'd emailed my sis to get to me saying to her that he never did anything to me, that I made it up, I lied and that I seduced him. And on top of that having his wife email my sis and telling her that there was no abuse and she doesnt understand why we dont talk to our dad and that my mom was the super mean one. So according to my dad, my mom was cheating and neglecting him, and I said hey I can keep you company and help you sexually. All lies. Its just been one after another. Im learning to let go and deal with the anger. Im also dealing with dissociative disorder. And Im learning how to cope with that. Im a very private and shy person after the abuse happened but it was affecting my life, relationships, everything to the point where I had to finally put myself first.

Thank you for creating this site. :D

Looking forward to connecting with others. :flowers:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

hi loflow73.

Hi loflow73.

Welcome to AS

My name is cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at AS. If there is anything I can help with let me know :)

I am sorry that after all these years your father is still trying to hurt you.. is there anyway you and your suister can block him from messaging you on facebook??

Its good to see that you are going to T (therapy) and that it is helping :)

I am glad you found us, and I look forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Take Care

Cathy

Hi whimsical1 , thank you for the welcome. Its so good to find an incredible place like this. :D

Hi Cathy (fightergirl). I Love your screen name. I will definitely let you know if I need any help. Thank you. I have therapy tomorrow and I cant wait to share with him about finding this site.

My dad contacted me once but then he wrote my sis and the other stuff about how it was my mom's fault, or that I seduced him through regular email because my sister demanded him to finally stop bragging that he knew the truth, that he wanted to say his truth. So out of anger, she said go ahead. I didnt know until maybe 2 months afterwards, what he wrote her back. She thought it was best to keep it from me because she thought I was too fragile to deal with it and that it would interfere in my healing process. Well, I really went after her at first, trying to explain to her how IMPORTANT this information was to me. How it wasnt right to keep it from me. I know she was doing it to protect me, but it was still wrong. She couldnt see that because she herself refuses to seek treatment for her disorders.