Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

hello everybody. I'm not really sure what to write here... it seems a bit weird to put the usual "Hi my name is Rebecca, I'm 16 years old. I like reading, writing and listening to music. When I'm older I want to be a psychologist". It just seems a bit, i don't know, mundane for this forum? But i guess seeing as we're not allowed to share our story here, thats what I'll start with.

So my names Rebecca, call me Bec or Boopy if you'd like, I'm sixteen and I found this site through google. I am currently trying to heal. I don't want to wait till I've gone through my entire life to start to face this so I'm starting now. I just want to be able to get on with my life really without this all dragging me down more then it already has.

Oh, and I like reading, writing and listening to music :P

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Rebecca,

I applaud your motivation to deal with your abuse now. That will save you a lot of grief in the long run. Welcome to AS.

Hi Rebecca

welcome to AS

My name is Cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at AS, so if there is anything I can help with let me know :)

I agree that it can be hard to know what to put down when you first start, but I think as long as you are comfortable with it then it is fine :)

One of the main reasons we can't share our story in this section is because anyone can view it, so it is alot safer to publish it in the share your story forum as only members can veiw that section..

I think it is great that you have made a choice to deal with this now, I am guessing you are a very smart girl, because all i wanted to do is forget about it at your age... At the start it can be hard, but we are all here to support you through it.. Do you have any support in real life?

I look forward to seeing you around the board

Hugs and Support

Cathy

hi rebecca.

Hi Rebecca, welcome to AS.

I hope you find the support and healing you are looking for here.

:flowers:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thank you to everybody for replying and being so supportive.

I've tried so hard to forget all the stuff thats happened in the past, block it out, pretend it didn't happen. its only recently that I've started to really realize what happened when I was a younger. You see I'm going through court preceedings at the moment for something that happened last year and its all kind of bringing everything back up so I can't really hide from it anymore... so I'm going to deal with it so that it can't destroy me. I'm so sick of being in pain, really i just want it to stop. I do have some support. I have a boyfriend and he's AMAZING. He knows almost everything thats happened and he understands which is really good. He's a survivor himself so i guess that makes it easier. And his family are great to, I live with them. Mum's there to, in her own way. but even with them i still feel really... alone. I lost all my friends because of whats happened. 95% of my school hates me too, which isn't helpful. I'm hoping on here I'll be able to find some friends as well as people who can help me heal. Everyone seems so friendly here :)