Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Being Sexualy Abused And Raped

hi my name is sandra im 33 and i was abused my own dad from the age 8 to 18 i was only young i didnt know it was wrong at the time he only abused me when he had a drink he couldnt remeber next day he always carried on as normal i used to be scared of him i always thought every father did it then after time i felt dirty and ashamed but i reached 18 i had the guts to get away from him even though i reported him and he got away with it i knew he couldnt touch me again i knew i could stop him touching me and my sisters again :flowers:

i met my x boyfriend 2 monthes ago it was on fine then last week he wouldnt listen when i said no he carried on so the next day i told him to go i dont want to see him again so he went but then he started to threaten me on the by texting me so 3 days after i found the courage to report the rape im getting there slowely i learnt to life with the abuse so i think i could with this only thing i can say it has stop me sleeping i havent slept for 5 days but at least i can just talk about i know if done the right thing of reporting it

Hello Sandy,

My name is keyona. I was sexually abused by my step father from 7-13. I reported the rape, but after a trial he was let off & came back to live with us. I ran away from home at 16 and haven't looked back. I wish things would have ended a diffrent way but they didn't. I felt very dirty and still do to this day. I take like 2 hour showers sometimes when i feel really bad.

I haven't had a boyfriend since the rape not really read to take that step yet. but when i do i would have to come up with a plan or something so that it doesn't happen again....well look at me rembling on & on....my bad

I think it was a great thing that you reported your boyfriend. Some people never get the courage to tell. I've learned the most important thing is breaking the silence.

Stay Strong & Hang In There :) :)

:throb: Hello Sandy and StillStanding :throb:

My hat is off to you both for breaking your silence. I agree! There is almost nothing more important. You are not alone, but when you break your silence, you really are not alone because there are others around you who care and you are telling whoever you break it with that YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME!!!!! Good for you. :clap::clap:

Many blessings, peace, and light to you both...

With a grateful heart, I am

:throb: Trustedfriend :throb:

Welcome here!

Tiang

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Sandy,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team. If at any time you have any questions please feel free to send me a message. I'll be glad to help.

I think it takes a lot of courage to report rape, and I think you did a good job reporting it! I know it can cause restless nights, I still have those time to time.

I think it's great that you broke the silence. You deserve all the best, and if anyone tries to threaten you, you have the right to report them.

Mandy

welcome to as, sandy.

Hey hun :hi:

Welcome to AS! I am glad you could be here. I think you are incredibly brave to say so much and so strong to do all you are doing. I hope you find your way around the forums alright and find AS to be everything you hoped of it and more.

If you ever want to talk, rant, laugh, or just say hi, please feel free to send me a message. My inbox is always open.

Wishing you the best!

-Lily :flowers: