New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Public Welcome

Hello,

I'm new and learning my way around. I'm hoping this will be a nice added support for me in my

struggles. Just wish there weren't so many. :( But i do see hope in the darkness.

welcome to as, astar.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Astar,

Welcome to Aftersilence, I think the best thing you could have done was to come to this site with your struggles, along with therapy, taking out about the hardship can be very healing, and a very important step to moving forward with your struggles.

This site is a loving and caring place, and I am very glad you've decided to come here :flowers:

John

Are you finding your way around the boards ok?

Hi Astar,

Welcome to Aftersilence, I think the best thing you could have done was to come to this site with your struggles, along with therapy, taking out about the hardship can be very healing, and a very important step to moving forward with your struggles.

This site is a loving and caring place, and I am very glad you've decided to come here :flowers:

John

Thank you John,

I have been in therapy for about 6 months now and am finally beginning to feel like I have gotten somewhere. For so long I could only focus on myself and didn't want anything to do with any other survivor. I couldn't handle hearing any other bad stories. Now, however, I feel strong enough that I can appreciate the love and support from other survivors as well as offer my love and support back. For a very long time I rejected the "survivor" title. So I made my own word, STAR. It stands for Suffered Through And Recovering. Now I am proud Star Survivor!!!!!

Slowly I am learning my way around, still need to learn how to pm someone though. :lol:

Thanks for the kind note.

Star