Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Taking A Step Into The Light

i haven't taken the first step to healing by accepting what has happened to me 7 years ago until recently. i waited to tell until last january and no one speaks of it. this silence makes me feel like it is a shameful thing that i am to be blamed for. i am denying it happened by keeping quiet. i don't want to be quiet anymore. i want to scream to the world that it is a crime, a haneous crime, that happens and woman are not to be ashamed of telling their stories. i have joined this forum in hopes to find similar feelings of my own, and to perhaps help me to survive a little better each day...thanks for reading, and i hope to hear from you soon!

Jana

welcome to AS Jana, what happened to you was not a shameful reflection on yourself and i hope that you will feel that being here helps you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

welcome--i'm really glad you're here--we'll be here for ya whenever you need and are ready to talk or ask anything--so take your time and look around but know we are all here to support eachother so scream as loud as you want to :)

christina :hug::hug::hug: pm me if you ever need to

Jana,

Welcome! I think you will find people here who share your feelings. I agree with you that speaking out at the right time is very nessesary in our fight. I'm glad your'e here.

:hug::hug::hug:

Kim

Guest hurtingforever

Jana,

First of all I would like to welcome you to After Silence. Second of all, I just want you to know that you have nothing to be ashamed of. Thirdly, I want say that I am very proud of you for taking the first step and telling someone about what happened. Lastly, I just want you to know that I am here as well as everyone else if you need to talk.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Lindsay

Welcome to AS, I hope that it helps you .. :hug:

Welcome to AS, Jana. :hug: I think you have a beautiful name. I have only known one other Jana and she was one of my good friends in college. :)

You are not alone here. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. :hug:

Hugs,

Kelly

:greet: Jana :greet:

Welcome to After Silence. Sorry you have a reason to be here but am glad you found us.

:hug: Jess xx