Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Post...

:hi: I'm an incest survivor who is tired of hiding secrets from my family, especially my mother, but I dont' know how to tell her. :zip: Eventually I'll post my story, but for now any general advice about what to do when no one in your family knows, and you've isolated them :outtahere: because they absolutely love your perpetrator would be helpful. I don't think anyone will believe me, but I don't even care anymore. Even if they think I'm lying, I know the truth and I won't be living a lie anymore. I don't talk to anyone in my family (and I have a huge family) except my sister, and this has been a recent development. It makes me :ranting: SOOOOOO  :punch: MAD :tantrum: that he gets to be a part of everyones life :ranting2: , but because of what he did, I don't. I can't change what happened to me, but maybe I can change my relationship (or lack thereof) with my family, and make them see why I've made the decisions I've made. I really feel like I'm the only person who has ever been in this situation, so if you have too, please respond. :please: Thank you so much... :thanks:

I really like this site!!! :loveas:

Welcome to AS, I'm Finiece.

I've never been in that situation and the only advice I have is if you want to tell them and think it will be good for you, go for it. I hope you family supports you, we all do here. Anytime you'd like to talk just drop me a message. :flowers:

Welcome to AS. I hope you find what you need here. Good luck with your family. You should be proud of yourself for your courage and strength.

welcome to as, amanda.

Welcome to AS. I hope you are finding this site helpful.

I read your name and thought, Blackwell could have been my last name but my dad got adopted.

Anyway, that was random.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I had a family who did't believe me after a counselor told mother everything I told her.

Then in turn believed her.

I was made out to be a liar.

But as you said, I know the truth. And I soooo know the truth too.

So, when you tell, if your family doesn't believe you, it's not you with the problem, it's them.

Found

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi, and welcome to AS :flowers:

My name is Sara and I'm a member of the Newbie Support Team here at AfterSilence, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out.

I'm so sorry for what you've been through, and what you're still going through - I can assure you that you're not alone. There are people here who understand, and I hope you find everything you're looking for here. Posting your story is a big step and takes courage, so just take your time and make sure you're comfortable with it first.

Take good care,

Sara x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Glad you joined the Forum.

I have a family who support the abuser, and tried to get me to support him too. Eventually, I decided that I could not wait around, and left the family and found others. It is difficult.

I hope you can find a way to build relationships with family members.

Welcome