Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

I'm new here and I just need to be around people who understand. My name is Katie and I'm 19 years old. I'm a survivor of sexual abuse at my father's hands. My father molested me for most if not all of my life - as you all know, it's hard to clearly remember some of the things that happen. I document it as from when I was eight ( and recovering from a surgery that cured me from CANCER) to a few weeks before I turned 13. I finally realized that what he was doing was not okay and told my therapist.

I'm still struggling because of outside family circumstances that I will write about in Share your Story - you all can be just as outraged as I am - but I'm doing as well as I can.

welcome to as, katie.

Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Are you finding your way around the boards ok?

Found

Hi,

I just read your story, before coming here. I am sorry for what you have been through but I Would like to welcome you to Aftersilence.

I'm angry at what your father did to you, but we're all here to support you.

If at anytime you have any questions please feel free to send me a message.

Mandy