Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here!

Chippy20

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jenny, and I'm 20 years old. I am a sexual abuse survivor. I've been diagnosed with PTSD and have went through cognitive processing therapy. It helped wonders, and I don't know who I would be today if I hadn't gotten the courage to finally tell someone what had happened to me (my therapist). I just recently stopped going to therapy this last summerand I think I'm at a point where I can open up to other people about it, both to deal with it (and not avoid it..thats my major problem) and to help others deal with it if they are/were in similar situations.

Hi! Welcome to AS

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

welcome to as, jenny.

Welcome to AS! :up:

You are quite brave in telling your T your story, I hope you are proud of yourself, you very well should be, it is a hard thing to do. I hope you are at the stage in your life where you can begin to acknowledge the pain it caused and find the silver lining in your storm cloud.

If you would ever like to talk, have questions, need a friend, or just want to say hi, please remember that my inbox is open at all times and for any reason. I'd be glad to listen and try to offer some help should you want it.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Wishing you the best! :wink:

Lily

Are you finding your way around the boards ok?

Found

Yeah, it's alittle confusing trying to figure out where I last posted and who replied. It seems unorganized, but I'm doing okay. Also, I've been unable to open live chat, which is part of the reason I wanted to join this site was for the chatting. I'm not a big blogging/forum person. I contacted a moderator about this but haven't gotten a reply back.

You just need ten posts to chat. So ... post six more times, then try again. :) Welcome to AS, Jenny.

Oh, and about the organization issue. I just click "today's active topics," which is right above the list of members who are currently online at the bottom of the main page. There's a little orange square to the left of each topic that I haven't read or one that I've read but has been replied to since. It keeps me pretty organized.

If seeing some of the topics that way would trigger you, though, then you can always go to your profile, click to see topics that you've started or posts that you've made, and work your way from there.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Tale
You just need ten posts to chat. So ... post six more times, then try again. :) Welcome to AS, Jenny.

Oh, and about the organization issue. I just click "today's active topics," which is right above the list of members who are currently online at the bottom of the main page. There's a little orange square to the left of each topic that I haven't read or one that I've read but has been replied to since. It keeps me pretty organized.

If seeing some of the topics that way would trigger you, though, then you can always go to your profile, click to see topics that you've started or posts that you've made, and work your way from there.

I hope that helps.

Yeah, that does help. Thanks!

Take your time, you will figure it out. Looks like you have 10 posts. Now you are able to chat, I suggest reading the guidelines first.

Found

Hi Jenny,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at Aftersilence. If you have any questions at all please feel free to send me a message.

It can hard dealing with your past, and I am glad you have gotten help on the way. We will be here to support you whenever you need it.

Mandy