Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Want To Say Hello- I Am Tony-i Am New

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

First of all it is ok to feel scared, it is normal.

Second, breaking silence makes you a survivor, something the abuser never wanted you to do.

Take your time here, it will come to you.

Writing is a very healty way to break the silence.

We support you.

We will listen.

No worries ok?

:hug:

Found

Edited by lost~then~found

Second, breaking silence makes you a survivor, something the abuser never wanted you to do.

We support you.

We will listen.

No worries ok?

Found

thanks very much- I started by posting my story, but I started to cry, so I kept it short. Maybe I can write some more tomorrow. Thanks very much for your support. :flowers:

I read the start of this journey of writing. And I appreciate you sharing with us. Very well done. I am very proud of you. It will get easier. I will do all I can to help if you need me to.

Found

:flowers: HI Tony, welcome to AS, its nice to meet you. It takes time to settle in here, so dont worry about that, yes its a huge site, can be a bit daunting. Share as much as you feel comfortable with for now, there is no pressure.

take care,

Paula :hi:

Welcome to AS, Tony.

Welcome to AS, Tony.

We support you.

We will listen.

No worries ok?

Found

thanks very much- I started by posting my story, but I started to cry, so I kept it short. Maybe I can write some more tomorrow. Thanks very much for your support. :flowers:

Tony, don't worry if you're scared. This may be a big place, but we are all here for each other...I've been here for maybe a week...I started writing my story, but I couldn't finish it because the emotions that I have hidden away for a long time were too overwhelming. I have yet to read other stories. I'm not exactly a "survivor" yet, because my past still haunts me and I haven't learned to deal with it. But if you ever need to talk, ask questions or just vent, this is the place to do it. We all are here for each other

Hi Tony, I havent been here long either , the size of this site is scary but the people are lovely.

I hope you find the love and support here to help you on your journey to becoming a survivor.

Here if you want anything x

Hi Tony welcome to AS! It took me a while to even join cause it's so huge and to be honest scary. It does take time to start healling but it helpped me so much to talk about it to vent to tell my story . It wasn't till I talked bout it and wrote about that I felt like a surviour instead of a victim. We didn't askfor it neither did u so pls remember it's not ur fault and ur not alone.

Tony,

From one male survivor to another, welcome to AS. I know it's not easy by any means, but it does get easier over time. I don't know where you are in your recovery (for lack of a better word), but coming here is a step in the right direction.

Also, with all due respect to the females on here, if you ever feel you need to talk specifically to other men, there is a males-only subforum. It's a sub-forum of "Survivor Connections", under the "Sometimes I hear my voice..." section. If you don't already have access to it, just ask one of the mods and they'll be able to help you out.

Again, welcome, and congrats on taking the big leap of trust by signing up for this site and breaking the silence.

-Po

I hope you are finding some awesom support here, you deserve it after all that you have been through.

:hug::hug::hug:

Found

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Aftersilence. My name is Mandy and if you have any questions at all please feel free to send me a message.

Take as much or as little time you need to post. You know it takes a lot of courage to post your story!!! So that's a great start! IT can be in bits and pieces or all at once, we work at your pace:)

Mandy