Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Brand New Here.

Hi,

My name is Megan. I am brand new to this board or any other board for that matter. I very recently have come to crossroads in my life... I have two beautiful little girls but have been in an unhappy marriage for years. After trying to sit down and just "talk" with my husband, I realized that was uncomfortable for me, didn't really know what to say, found myself wanting a distraction. My husband got upset with me, saying "why can't we just sit down and talk together, spend some time together".. and I really didn't have an answer. From there, the past was brought into it, our problems, my distance, and I was told that I have NEVER let him get close to me, that from day one my walls were already up. After sitting for a little while, I ended up googling "surviving rape"...

I am 30 now, and from the age of 16-20, I was date raped 4 separate times, by 4 different men. I have blamed myself for putting myself in bad situations by drinking, by hanging out with people I didn't know very well.. I have blamed myself for being weak and not fighting back.

I told myself all these years that I was just strong and didn't need to deal with it, but pushing it away and not learning how to deal with the pain, was not being "strong".

Now I'm here. I want my life back. I want my family strong. I am tired of being broken. I've come here as a beginning step to find a way to become the person I was meant to be. The happy, loving, forgiving, kind, caring, patient woman God created me to be. Not the angry, unforgiving, bitter, hateful, fearful person I have become.

Thanks for listening.

Welcome to AS, readytoliveagain.

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

:hi:

Found

Hello and Welcome to After the Silence :hi::aswelcomesu: You will find lots of support and encouragement here at AS. The people here are kind and understanding and sensitive to your needs. Feel free to dicuss anything you need to here, we are all good listeners too. I am so glad you found us and joined our community. Please take good care of yourself and God Bless.

Sincerely,

Roxy :hug::angel::kitty::greet::rasta::pray::youcanheal:

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi Megan and welcome to AS

My name is Sara and I'm a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out.

It was not your fault - the blame lies with the people who hurt you. I hope being here, with people who understand (its a common feeling to feel like it's your fault) and will support you will help you out.

Take good care,

Sara x

Hi,

My name is Megan. I am brand new to this board or any other board for that matter. I very recently have come to crossroads in my life... I have two beautiful little girls but have been in an unhappy marriage for years. After trying to sit down and just "talk" with my husband, I realized that was uncomfortable for me, didn't really know what to say, found myself wanting a distraction. My husband got upset with me, saying "why can't we just sit down and talk together, spend some time together".. and I really didn't have an answer. From there, the past was brought into it, our problems, my distance, and I was told that I have NEVER let him get close to me, that from day one my walls were already up. After sitting for a little while, I ended up googling "surviving rape"...

I am 30 now, and from the age of 16-20, I was date raped 4 separate times, by 4 different men. I have blamed myself for putting myself in bad situations by drinking, by hanging out with people I didn't know very well.. I have blamed myself for being weak and not fighting back.

I told myself all these years that I was just strong and didn't need to deal with it, but pushing it away and not learning how to deal with the pain, was not being "strong".

Now I'm here. I want my life back. I want my family strong. I am tired of being broken. I've come here as a beginning step to find a way to become the person I was meant to be. The happy, loving, forgiving, kind, caring, patient woman God created me to be. Not the angry, unforgiving, bitter, hateful, fearful person I have become.

Thanks for listening.

Wow I can't beilieve how much I identify with you. It has taken me 30 years to deal with SA and I give you alot of credit to have the awarness to know that it affects all relationships. Welcome to AS and keep sharing. We do not have to live under its control.

BB

Thank you everyone for welcoming me, I truly appreciate it.

rtuttle, I'm glad to know there are people out there that understand how I feel. It makes me feel not so alone, and God knows most of us have spent a long time feeling alone. I appreciate the encouragement.

i am familiar with a lot of what you feel and i think its a WONDERFUL, AMAZING THING that you're seeking help. i hope you like this place as much as i do so far. good luck. god bless.

Welcome, Im new here to for the same reasons

to begin a new and to be whole and happy again. Together we can make a healing! I know your ready and thats half the battle. Nice to meet you

Hi,

Thanks for listening.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering how you are doing? I ahven't seen you for a while.

Found