Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.

Chasm

Hello.

Umm....

sigh..... okay

So this is my next step in getting help and I'm a bit nervous. The only person who really knows what I have been through, and is there every step of the way, has been my best friend. She was the first person I have told and it has been a year since I have really let it all out to anyone. Not even my parents know nor my youngest brother, I have even been too ashamed to tell my dog, but I think he knows since he sleeps at my door almost every night. I found this website off of Dancing in Darkness and that kind of opened my eyes to getting help and allowing myself to open up so I really hope that I can find more of that here.

:luck:

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Thank you both.

Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site helpful and you find the love and suport here that many of us have.

xx

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Just by being on this site has made me feel better. Not so alone or misunderstood.

Welcome to AS, Chasm.

Hi I'm new here too and finding it helpfull

Hi I'm new here too and finding it helpfull

That is very reassuring. Thank you.

I am new as well and really scared. I have not told anyone other then my therapist the things that have happened to me. I am just now remembering a lot of it and to be honest I wish I never remembered.

oceanlvr

I am new as well and to be honest pretty scared. I am just starting my recovery journey and have told no one except my therapist what has happened. I did not remember much until the past couple of months and I really wish I never remembered.

oceanlvr

I am new as well and to be honest pretty scared. I am just starting my recovery journey and have told no one except my therapist what has happened. I did not remember much until the past couple of months and I really wish I never remembered.

oceanlvr

Well welcome. :flowers: I wish I could forget as well but it is something we must work through. It is scary but in the end, when we reach the light, I have a feeling that everything will be brighter.

Hi Chasm,

Welcome to AfterSilence. My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team, so if you have any questions please feel free to direct them at me.

I am happy to hear you have your best friend who supports you and you will find even more friends here that will support you throughout your journey.

You can do this:)

Mandy