Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Glad To Finally Be Here

Just wanted to say Hi and I'm new here. I am 41, married and have 2 amazing kids. I am a childhood survivor of sexual abuse (and also physical and emotional). Although I consider myself a strong person this is something that has been very difficult for me to overcome, even with many years of a buffer. I believe the biggest factor in why I have had so many difficulties in truly healing is because my Mother is still married to this man and over the years when I see her I have had to see him.

I am so thrilled to have found this place. I spent some time reading other people's posts yesterday and I realized something HUGE. I am not weak or a failure because I still suffer from memories of my childhood abuse. As a woman of Christian faith I believe that God heals and I am standing on that promise because I have seen what He is able to do in my life so far. But I understand now that I am going through a sometimes difficult process and I don't know how long it will be but I am going forward. And I am going to try to have some joy everyday because then I win.

I feel like I just joined a sorority here. Thank you for having me. (wiping a tear).

Welcome to AS! You sound very strong and very admirable! I hope you find the love and support here at AS that we all have.

Take care

xxx

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome to AS Dara.

If you'd like to get to know some of the Adult Suvivors, please click the link below.

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.ph...c=54369&hl=

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi, and welcome to AS :)

My name is Sara and I'm a member of the Newbie Support Team here at AfterSilence, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out.

You do sound like you have so much strength, and I'm glad you have your faith to help you heal. I hope you settle in well here.

Take care,

Sara x

:hi:

Welcome to AS! It is very nice to meet you. You are very strong to share and very courageous to come here... I hope you find the support and help you need here...

If you ever need anything, a friend, someone to talk to, someone to rant to, etc, please, feel free to message me... My PM box is always open.