Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello & Thanks For Being Here

jdots

I'm a little scared to post anything, even a "hi there," but here goes. I'm new here and I'm hoping to finally, maybe, start talking a little and healing from something that happened a long time ago. I've always felt it was my fault and I didn't deserve to call myself a "victim" or a "survivor" and I still feel like I might not belong here.

I read all the rules and I'm kind of worried that I'll do something wrong. So I better just quit while I'm ahead. I just want to thank all of you for being here, I really, really mean that.

jenny

Edited by jdots

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful. Please don't be scared, we really are harmless.

Hugs,

Found

Welcome to AS. :)

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hiya and Welcome to AS (I'll put this in a message as well in case you dont come back to this thread)

My name is Sara and I'm a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out.

I know it can be really overwhelming, but joining here is a good thing and I'm glad you did it. Being here can give you so much care and support in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. I dont know your story, but it wasnt your fault. Feeling guilty is quite common among people with our experiences, but it was the fault of the person who did it to you, none of the blame is on your shoulders. You are a survivor, and you belong here.

Don't quit - just take your time to look around and get comfortable, and you'll soon settle in.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I am glad that you have joined us. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

• 2 weeks later...