Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Did I Land In The Right Place?

Hi. I am new. I need to make some friends who share my problems. Doctor said I must lose weight and get exercise. I had a mean abusive father. I am really scared and sorry I don't know where to begin.

Jeannie

Jeannie,

Welcome to AS. I was really scared at first too, but you will find caring and supportive people here. If you need anything, feel free to PM me anytime. I am glad that you found AS.

emt :flowers:

You are definitely in the right place. I think you'll find a lot of people here who've also had to deal with cruel, abusive fathers. (Such as me!) You are certainly not alone, and this is a wonderful place for support. Don't be afraid to share what you're going through. :flowers:

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome to AS. :)

It sound to me like you could use a lot of support and caring. I hope you can find it here. :hug::console:

Barb50

Dear Jeannie, :flowers:

You have landed in the right place exactly. I am only a secondary survivor, but I do believe that you will find care, solace, support, understanding, motivation, and healing in this community. You must listen to your doctor, try to be a good patient, and above all, know that you are special..... a person of true worth. You can heal and put this behind you if you are willing to do the work. There is so much support here for survivors and you can learn about many good books and resources. I shall keep you in my heart and know that you will be well. Breathe, draw in the light, see yourself well, and stay the course. You CAN do it and you WILL.

All good things to you,

:throb: Trustedfriend :throb:

hiya Kes,

your in the right place hon : )just wanted to say hi, and check in with ya today..hope your doing ok? thinking of ya

xx jax

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hiya and welcome to AS

My name is Sara and I'm a member of the Newbie Support Team here at AfterSilence which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out.

I'm sorry for all that you've been through - and I hope you find all the support you need here.

Take care,

Sara x