New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Another Newbie :)

I found this site and thought it may help. I'm Nicollette, a 40 year old married mom who survived years of abuse as a child. After nearly losing my husband last year I made the decision to try and heal myself to make live better for my husband, children and of course myself. I found a great counsellor and have been in therapy for 6 months. While my husband is trying to understand he is supportive. I recently told my best friend about my past and she has been my rock, I'm very fortunate. I've come a long way but still have lots to go so I hope to be around and contribute some :)

Hi there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome to AS. :)

Get to know some of the Adult Survivors by clicking the link below. :flowers:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.ph...c=54369&hl=

Hi Nicollette,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support here at Aftersilence.

I am a childhood sexual abuse survivor too. I'm glad you have a therapist and started your journey towards healing. It can be a long process but very rewarding in the end:)

I wish you luck, and support you in this journey :flowers:

Mandy

Hello. Welcome to AS! :flowers:

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Hsmumx2 welcome to AS :flowers: I am glad that you have joined us. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad