Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

*waves Hello*

Hi there. :)

Um... I don't know quite what to say here - I never have been good at introductions.

My name's Nikki, I'm 19, and something happened to me when I was a very small child. The wound started healing when I met my current girlfriend, and then when I read a Dorothy Allison book... Things are a lot better than they were before. My girlfriend taught me that I am worth more than I thought, and Dorothy Allison taught me it was not my fault.

I can't explain it, but it feels like a tiny part of a large wound has healed, and it feels like it might continue to become less raw. I'm not sure it can ever completely heal, but being able to get on with my life without the pain crippling me would be worth every second of hard work.

I'm sounding weird here, aren't I?

On to other things... I adore reading, writing, playing the tin whistle, studying, life coaching, fruit, gardening, museums, libraries, theatres, voluntary work and hula hooping, along with many other things. Unfortunately I'm disabled with a neurological diease, which means that I'm not in education or work, and use a wheelchair, but despite these things and being in bed for hours a day, I'm much better than I have been and for that I'm eternally thankful for!

I hope to make some friends here who understand the wounds and healing processes after sexual assault. :)

Nikki xx

HI there. Welcome to AS. I hope you find this site to be helpful. You did a nice job on your introdution. And NO, none of what you wrote was sounding wierd.

Found

Hello :flowers: and Welcome! After reading your post I believe that reading others posts on AS might help you to open up a bit. It certainly did for me and my healing has progressed very quickly now! I am delighted that you have come to AS and hope you find your stay filled with new friends and much healing :flowers:

Katherine :luck: ...........just one day at a time :candle:

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi and welcome! :hug: I love your intro!

Edited by Roxanna29
Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi Nikki and welcome to AS :flowers:

My name is Sara and I'm a member of the Newbie Support Team here, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out! :)

I'm glad you're healing, and it sounds like you have a really supportive girlfriend, which is great. I hope being here and talking to other people who understand can help you heal even more. You're not sounding weird :lol: don't worry!

I love your intro - and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards. :)

Take good care,

Sara x