Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

"old Member, But Never Opened Up At All"...

My name is Jamie & I am a 28 year old disabled young lady. I have been sexualy assulted not just once but three times. All three times I didn't know what to say because I knew the guys. Two of them were relatives & the other was my neighbor. :duh:

I had no idea, I didn't tell my parents until 2 days after it happened with my neighbor and dad took me to the police dep to make a report.

Sorry thats all I can say for know. I'm going to counsling twice a week, I started cutting myself and now my parents know about it. When they found out about it Mom freaked out, Dad just said, You have to stop! Thats non since; Mom said, just Yesterday Jamie you are going to have to stop this, it is rediculous! And started yelling it at me. That didn''t help the matter any, I was trying to tell her something and she didn't even hear me.

Can someone give me some advice? Should I go into a facility for awhile after Christmas to get away and get the help I need since the cutting, thoughts of killing myself & others has been going on for over 3 months now? I don't know what to do anymore? :shrug:

Thank you for any advice

Jamie

I want to cry but I can't :cry:

Edited by scribblesvince

just talking about this to somone in person who you can trust is very helpfull. As i have been through this myself i know this helps to a point.

I found that praying to jesus and asking him to help me with this was the greatest help of all and now i no longer struggle with it.

You need to do what works for you, so by starting to look for options and working on them is the first step.

These might be but not limited too, talking to a counsilor, doctor, pastor or just a freind who you trust. And if they betray your trust look for another. And asking god for help will help if you are ready.

But definelty start searching for answers like you have just done by coming here to seek help.

Welcome to AS,

private message me anytime

hugs :hug:

Welcome to AS. :)

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi Jamie

First, I want to say, if you have any questions or problems about the board then feel free to send me a message, and I'll be happy to help you out :)

I'm sorry for what you've been through and what you suffer as a result. Counselling is good, does it help at all? Maybe see if your counsellor reccomends further treatment at a facility - but do what you feel is right for you.

I'm sorry you feel your parents aren't helping, It can be really difficult for other people who havent got the experiences we have to understand.

I hope you get the support you need and deserve here.

Take care,

Sara x

Thanks to everyone for responding.

Jamie

Hi Jamie

First, I want to say, if you have any questions or problems about the board then feel free to send me a message, and I'll be happy to help you out :)

I'm sorry for what you've been through and what you suffer as a result. Counselling is good, does it help at all? Maybe see if your counsellor reccomends further treatment at a facility - but do what you feel is right for you.

I'm sorry you feel your parents aren't helping, It can be really difficult for other people who havent got the experiences we have to understand.

I hope you get the support you need and deserve here.

Take care,

Sara x

Hello Jamie,

I am only a secondary, but I can tell you that my best advice right this minute is CRY. Figure out how to cry and cry your heart out. Many people here on AS will glady cry with you. My friend is healing and she could not cry either. She can now and I am so very, very glad for her. You gotta cry and release what has built up.... then you gotta cry some more until you feel that you do not need to. I truly hope that you can do that soon. I know that you are a beautiful person and this should never have happened to you or any other survivor. But it did. You can heal but you gotta allow yourself to cry. There are tons of survivors here who will coach you and help you along the path of healing. Just take really good care of yourself and never forget that it was not your fault and you deserve to be able to cry about it until you don't need to.

With a grateful heart, I am

:throb: Trustedfriend :throb:

Hi there,

I am glad you are in counselling. Can you be truthful with your counsellor and tell her/him that it is difficult for you to cope now?

I am glad you have returned

Whitedove