Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'll Share Soon

deecee

hello. i'm new here. not really ready to share my story yet. actually, i wrote my story in a blog years ago and have since forgotten what blog site it was...i swore it was something like "victims no more" or "silent no more"...whatever. i forgot the site and haven't had success finding it. good luck in your recovery, all.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I am glad that you have joined us. Please take all the time you need before you share your story. We all heal at different paces so there is no pressure to share anything that you are not ready for. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Hi deecee,

Welcome to AfterSilence. My name is Mandy and I'm apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. If you have any questions about how things work- let me know.

You don't have to share your story right away. Take your time, and if you want you can just read the forums, or check out the Humour and Silliness Section. When you're ready we'll be here for you listening.

Mandy

btw, are there separate threads for pple according to their stage of recovery...i guess there aren't any official stages, but u know, like: beginning stage, or just starting out, or refreshers...something like that. or maybe by how long it's been? just wondering. i'm kind of dealing with new feelings myself, as i'll be having a daughter soon, and uggghhhh...that brought up a lot of feelings i thought i'd dealt with. k; thanks again. ;)

btw, are there separate threads for pple according to their stage of recovery...i guess there aren't any official stages, but u know, like: beginning stage, or just starting out, or refreshers...something like that. or maybe by how long it's been? just wondering. i'm kind of dealing with new feelings myself, as i'll be having a daughter soon, and uggghhhh...that brought up a lot of feelings i thought i'd dealt with. k; thanks again. ;)

Um there is a forum for adults and teens...under Survivor Connections..but I don't think one for what stage you are at...

ok; thanks! ;)

Um there is a forum for adults and teens...under Survivor Connections..but I don't think one for what stage you are at...

oh, i think i replied to the wrong part. Thank u, sunshine. :)

Welcome to AS! :wave:

Glad to see you here, but sorry for what brought you here :hug:

Take all the time you need, don't rush into telling your story as it will only make things worse! We all take our own times. :)

Take care, :youcanheal::supportu::notalone:

~Ond

Welcome to AS! :wave:

Glad to see you here, but sorry for what brought you here :hug:

Take all the time you need, don't rush into telling your story as it will only make things worse! We all take our own times. :)

Take care, :youcanheal::supportu::notalone:

~Ond

THANKS, HON! u guys r all so sweet. i wanna get my hands on what i wrote about it to my last counselor a few years back. i was gonna burn it, but he told me he thought i'd want it one day, so he'd keep it safe for me since i didn't want it around. i guess he was right :) :) anyhow, i'll probably share that less graphic version, but i want to add details to the story that still bother me. the more i deal with it, the better off i'm sure i'll be. :)

Take your time hun, time is a your own gift. We will be here ready to support you when you are ready to share.

Hugs,

Found

There are different forums that you can check out. Take your time with it. Good luck in that. I really hope you find this site to be helpful just as much as I do. The ones who work on keeping this site available are awesome at what they do. And I am thankful that we all have a safe place, even if it is short lived. At lease we really aren't alone.

Found

There are different forums that you can check out. Take your time with it. Good luck in that. I really hope you find this site to be helpful just as much as I do. The ones who work on keeping this site available are awesome at what they do. And I am thankful that we all have a safe place, even if it is short lived. At lease we really aren't alone.

Found

thank u honey, u r so sweet!

• 1 month later...

Welcome to AS. :)

Welcome to AS. :)

hi, and thanks so much. i recently had my former counselor send my story back to me. i'm ready to expound on certain problem areas that still feel intrusive and not quite worked through as yet. can't wait to work on this some more. thanks all for the support!

• 8 years later...
3 hours ago, deecee said:

do they still have the after silence chat room on here, or only the forum/blog posts now?

Hi @deecee, our chat room has been closed for some time but the administrators have been working hard to reopen it. There is a thread called Chat Here :) (while chat is down) which is a continuous thread just for members to drop in and post replies. 

This topic Chat Room Closed UPDATED 10/11/17 explains it all. 

Welcome back to AS!