Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greeting From Pluto

connap22

hi everyone,

im now sure what to write here so heres some facts about me

• im 17, as of last sunday
  • im a junior at a public high school
  • im from nh
  • i like to read, write, play video games and hang with my friends
  • im an equality activist at my school
  • i run and founded my schools gay straight alliance
  • as far as gender goes i perfer no gender but i was born female
  • i have a wonderful older boyfriend whos helping me alot
  • i love to talk to people
  • i have a problem with sex addiction
  • i am a sexual abuse victim but im trying not to let it controll my life
  • im planning to go to college for criminal justice and working with the rape unit of new hampshire
  • im an aspiring novelist
  • i cant spell to save my life

and most importantly i want friends!

thank you

:)

Hello and Welcome to AS! I hope you find lots of friends here, and lots of support. :bubble: (a silly little green buddy for ya!)

*pets green guy*

thanx :lol:

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Connap22 welcome to AS :flowers: I am glad that you have joined us. I hope you will feel at home here. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Aloha and welcome :hi:

Just a random note - I think you can do anything you truly set your heart and mind to do. Already you seem to be someone of great courage and heart, and if there is anyone who should work in the fields you have written of in the future, it is someone who can do so in the spirit of experience, however challenging it may be. As for the rest, from one questionable speller to another, there is always spell check :clap:

Hang in there. I have been here only days, but I think we are both of us in the right place.

:candle:

sadeyes22

thank you :)

ive already made a few posts.

estream

THANX :)

im glad i found this place

i think we both belong here

im hoping i do good working with the rape unit. i just hope i dont get put in jail for murderin any rapist or pedos, lol.

oh and i like ur pic

Edited by connap22

I hear you, It is good to embrace your feelings, to vent them in a safe and understanding environment, whatever they may be.

That said, as you think of your future, who you wish to be and how you want to help, please consider and remember the need to hold perpetrators accountable in honor of your self, of those you are helping, and of justice. Anything more in action and you cross a line you can never come back from. Please know I mean no disrespect, I simply know a person of your awareness, courage, and heart can go so very far to change the way of things in this world. But at 17, you must always remember that each step is built on what has come before. I believe in you, and I think you can do things the way they should be done, to show the world how they could be done. You are the future of this world, and you have great potential to lead. In the end, the best "revenge" - the greatest of justice - is to live and lead in light.

I guess the nutshell version is this - feel however you feel whenever you feel it. Embrace that within yourself, move through it as you heal, at your own pace. Even if some days it seems to swallow you whole. Because what the darkness doesn't know of is the light you have within you. That part of you that belongs to only you, that piece nothing and no one can ever touch or take away. And one day, when you are truly ready, light it up. Lead others to do the same. Then maybe, just maybe, there will be more light than darkness in this world.

Hang in there. You can do this. I can do this. We all can - in our time.

My unsolicited view :candle:

Jenna

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hello and welcome to AS :)

My name is Sara and Im a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me or another team member a message and we'll do our best to help you out.

Wow, sounds like you've achieved loads. I hope you get to do what you really want to. :)

I've been thinking about going into criminal psychology when I've finished studying, so I get it - it's really interesting. I'm glad you have your boyfriend to support you, and Im sure you'll make loads of friends here! :)

Take good care,

Sara x

I hear you, It is good to embrace your feelings, to vent them in a safe and understanding environment, whatever they may be.

That said, as you think of your future, who you wish to be and how you want to help, please consider and remember the need to hold perpetrators accountable in honor of your self, of those you are helping, and of justice. Anything more in action and you cross a line you can never come back from. Please know I mean no disrespect, I simply know a person of your awareness, courage, and heart can go so very far to change the way of things in this world. But at 17, you must always remember that each step is built on what has come before. I believe in you, and I think you can do things the way they should be done, to show the world how they could be done. You are the future of this world, and you have great potential to lead. In the end, the best "revenge" - the greatest of justice - is to live and lead in light.

I guess the nutshell version is this - feel however you feel whenever you feel it. Embrace that within yourself, move through it as you heal, at your own pace. Even if some days it seems to swallow you whole. Because what the darkness doesn't know of is the light you have within you. That part of you that belongs to only you, that piece nothing and no one can ever touch or take away. And one day, when you are truly ready, light it up. Lead others to do the same. Then maybe, just maybe, there will be more light than darkness in this world.

Hang in there. You can do this. I can do this. We all can - in our time.

My unsolicited view :candle:

Jenna

wow your verry poetic, wish i had that talent

im sorry i dont write as long as you do :(

sarah: thanx, i love criminology and psychology

dopey: thanx :)

midnightsunshine: thank you :)

man i feel repeatative

:drop::bookworm::lol::flowers:

A generous view, but thank you ;-) I have a love/hate relationship with words. As much as I love them, they can never hold all I wish I could convey. They are reflections of emotions, not the feelings themselves, and sometimes I worry the words I write might not reflect all I hope they could. Perhaps that is where trust in the reader comes in. Once they are written, they are no longer solely my own, and I have to let them go and trust in interpretation ... even gain perspective from the people who read them, allow myself to consider a different view. All very wordy again I'm afraid. But know this; it is not the number of words you use. It is how you use them. And you use them well ;-) Thank you connap22. I look forward to seeing you around.

A generous view, but thank you ;-) I have a love/hate relationship with words. As much as I love them, they can never hold all I wish I could convey. They are reflections of emotions, not the feelings themselves, and sometimes I worry the words I write might not reflect all I hope they could. Perhaps that is where trust in the reader comes in. Once they are written, they are no longer solely my own, and I have to let them go and trust in interpretation ... even gain perspective from the people who read them, allow myself to consider a different view. All very wordy again I'm afraid. But know this; it is not the number of words you use. It is how you use them. And you use them well ;-) Thank you connap22. I look forward to seeing you around.

thanx

hope to see you around too

have u ever considered writing a book?

Welcome to AS! :wave:

Glad to see you here, but sorry for what brought you here :hug:

Take care, :youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

~Ond

Ond:

thanx :)

thanx

hope to see you around too

have u ever considered writing a book?

:drop::ohmy::outtahere::blush::peace:

Hmmm, well, technically speaking the idea has been pitched a time or two, but it seems the faith of others far outweighs my own! I do thank you for your kindness in asking :flowers: Perhaps one day I will find the courage to honor that faith. Until then, I ramble on in hopes of finding my own; in process and in me.

:ThankYou::candle:

Edited by estream

estream: i'de buy

tuliptorn: thanx

:flowers:

Perhaps you will consider some writing yourself? I just noticed your poem ... like me, it seems you started writing very young. I find most of us scribblers do. :wink: I hope you continue! If time allows, and you haven't already found it, you might check out Letters to a Young Poet by Rilke. That among others helped me a great deal when I was your age ~ helps me now. I hope it offers you the same strange solace it gave me. :type::peace:

Edited by estream

estream; thanx, i dont write anymore, i used to write alot of realy depressing and suicidal poetry and started several stories, but i guess the words just dont flow like they used to. when im in my darkest hour im fantasticly dark. see if i was depressed i so could have written that better. now i mostly read, i write sometimes, right now im working on a book about teen pregnancy from the fathers perspective, but its not going verry far. its suppose to be a short thing, but i stopped after chapter 2. i just get bored, maybe if i could jsut sit around and write, like when i first get the insperation but life interupts and i dont get things done.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to AS. :)

thanx whimsical1 :)