Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Aloha

estream

Aloha Everyone,

Simply wish to say hello and offer my thanks for such a sanctuary. I am both comforted and saddened to have found what seems such a safe environment, and hope to find the courage to honor that in time. Thank you for the opportunity to be heard, and to feel some part of hope again. I hope. And that is something.

:candle:

Hi estream,

I am glad that you find comfort here, although I can understand the sadness you feel also for so many people have been hurt for this place to exist, never the less I am very happy that it does exist because it provides support for people like us, and I am very glad to see you're seeking that support offered here. I look forward to seeing you here in the future :)

John :flowers:

Wish I could send some sunlight your way, but I'm afraid we are in the midst of a tropical storm. I do love the rain. It's scent, the way it falls, the sound on my windows, the feeling on my face. Like a cloak, no one can tell when I'm crying wrapped in rain. Like most things, it has another side. Like the sea, it invites one to ponder- remember. Especially in the silence of night. I try to distract myself with music, movies, books, guitar, writing, cleaning, laundry. Sleep is uninviting at best in the night.

Rambling now. I'm afraid I've opened a door I cannot close, a damn that can no longer be patched. It's seeping faster now into everything I do. Every night feels as if it were the first, all over again. It's all about making it to sunrise.

Thank you for this place. Thank you for your kind reception and encouraging words. Thank you for the lotus. For 12 years I've worn a lotus charm to remind me where it comes from. To remind me hope floats, no matter where I am. When I found this place, and saw the lotus, I found hope. For that I am immeasurably grateful.

:candle:

Hello and Welcome to AS! :flowers::aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu:

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Estream welcome to AS :flowers: I am glad that you have joined us. I hope you will feel at home here. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

• 1 month later...

Aloha, and welcome to AS. :)