Ilonka

Hello

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I was raped 19 years ago and only told someone about it a month ago. Believe me - pretending it did not happen is NOT the way to go!

I am tentative about being here, but right now the distance provided by an internet support group may be just what I need until I am ready to talk to people face-to-face.

Ilonka

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

best wishes

karen

Welcome to AS. :)

Hey Ilonka,

I'm sorry for what happened to you :hug: I think you've certainly done the right thing by opening up about it, as hard as it is, in the long term it's certainly a great healing step, it allows you to take those first steps toward coming to terms with, and then overcoming what's happened, the first step to your healing :tealribbon:

Well done on coming here, and I look forward to seeing you here at AS :)

Welcome to AS!

Healing comes in steps, and I think this is a great first step:)

Mandy

I agree with sunshinee. Its a great first step! I felt good once I managed to find this site and talk to some very supportive and helpful people! :flowers:

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Welcome to AS! :youcanheal::notalone:

:wave: Welcome, Ilonka :wave:

I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here, but happy that you've joined. It's a very supportive atmosphere here.

You are very brave for finally sharing your truth and for reaching out here and IRL.

I look forward to knowing you,

Lawrence

Hello llonka,

I'm new here too. I was raped in June and was sexually abused as a child. I have decided to come searching for a interent based group at the advice of my OB and my Hubby. I am very private about my life and feelings so this is very hard for me to be doing.

Katherine

Hello and Welcome to After the Silence. I hope you find lots of support and encouragement here at

AS. Im so glad you joined us ! The people here are kind and understanding and very sensitive to your need. Feel free to talk about anything you need to. Please take good care of yourself and be strong, you have taken the first step to healing.

Sincerely,

Roxy :kitty::wave::bighug::butterfly::cloud9::friends2::aswelcomesu:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! This is hands-down the hardest thing I have ever done, but I much reassured by the reception.

'Lonka

Welcome to AS. Very brave to come to the forum and a good place to start. I have a similar story, took me 14 years. Can't move on without addressing the past. Take safe care.

:flowers: