Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Ilonka

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I was raped 19 years ago and only told someone about it a month ago. Believe me - pretending it did not happen is NOT the way to go!

I am tentative about being here, but right now the distance provided by an internet support group may be just what I need until I am ready to talk to people face-to-face.

Ilonka

Welcome to AS. :)

Hey Ilonka,

I'm sorry for what happened to you :hug: I think you've certainly done the right thing by opening up about it, as hard as it is, in the long term it's certainly a great healing step, it allows you to take those first steps toward coming to terms with, and then overcoming what's happened, the first step to your healing :tealribbon:

Well done on coming here, and I look forward to seeing you here at AS :)

I agree with sunshinee. Its a great first step! I felt good once I managed to find this site and talk to some very supportive and helpful people! :flowers:

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Welcome to AS! :youcanheal::notalone:

Hello llonka,

I'm new here too. I was raped in June and was sexually abused as a child. I have decided to come searching for a interent based group at the advice of my OB and my Hubby. I am very private about my life and feelings so this is very hard for me to be doing.

Katherine

Hello and Welcome to After the Silence. I hope you find lots of support and encouragement here at

AS. Im so glad you joined us ! The people here are kind and understanding and very sensitive to your need. Feel free to talk about anything you need to. Please take good care of yourself and be strong, you have taken the first step to healing.

Sincerely,

Roxy :kitty::wave::bighug::butterfly::cloud9::friends2::aswelcomesu: