Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just A Girl, Trying To Find Her Way

Hello everyone, I just thought I'd make a quick post to introduce myself and say hi as I get acquainted and situated with the forum.

My name is Katie, I'm 26 years old and I live in Michigan. I came across this website yesterday and I thought I'd give it a shot and join. I figured it couldn't hurt to have (another) supportive and understanding outlet. My SA (hopefully that's what I'm supposed to call it?) happened about six months ago and I'm just recently finding the strength to really deal with it and move on/move past/come to terms with it. Been to one therapy session so far with very lackluster results so we'll see how that goes.

Unrelated to all of that stuff - my favorite color is pink, my favorite food is ice cream, my favorite number is 7, I'm Spanish and Irish, love kitties, and in general I'm kind of a geek. I love to read, hang around on the internet, play video games, and watch movies/TV. I'm in the process of making a decision on finishing my undergraduate degree in one of two completely separate areas - Psychology with a Secondary Teaching Certificate and Interior Design.

So not entirely sure what to expect from this, but that's a brief introduction to me.

Oh!

If you recognize my username/avatar picture than we'll definitely be friends! :wub:

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi Katie,

Welcome to AS :flowers: I am sorry for the reason you have to come here, but glad you found this place. You just took another step by coming here:)

Mmm ice cream is great! I hang around a lot around the internet too, and yeah I play video games too ...well sometimes:P My boyfriend gets me to play computer games as well haha! I try not to fail. Hm both of your degrees sound like fun!

Mandy

Hello and welcome to AS! :aswelcomesu::notalone:

You'll love it here! There is many supportive and helpful people :)

Your Spanish? So is my better half! I am half Scottish/Irish! :)

Hello Katie and Welcome to After the Silence. I hope you find lots of friends, support and encourgement that you are looking for. Im so glad you joined us here at AS. The people here are very kind and understanding and sensitive to you needs, they have always been good to me. Feel free to talk about anything you want to share. Please take good care of yourself and be strong.

Sincerely,

Roxy :kitty::wave::bighug::rasta::butterfly::cloud9::aswelcomesu::autumn: