Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Tonight!

I suffer from a horrible assault that almost killed me, literally in 2001. I am 52/f and live alone, eat alone, watch TV and breathe alone..right now it hurts to be so alone while I'm getting back into therapy...honestly though, who would want to be around this? The depression is frightening me right now. It's a sinking feeling. I think I'm also having a bad reaction to Prozac so I'm weaning off of it slowly. I don't want to get out of bed, go out of the house only if I have to, have the phone turned off with the answering machine on, etc..I see my therapist on Wed so I'll be talking to him about this..he's pro anti-depressants and I'm not...I feel I can do this without them. I don't believe in being on them longterm. I feel talk therapy is more beneficial. It's the isolation part of PTSD that is killing me..I honestly don't know how to deal with it. I wonder if there are treatment programs for rape victims? If not, their sure should be with the statistics being 1 in 6 women are being raped..and one every two minutes..that is so upsetting when I think of it that way! Thank you for letting me vent, much needed tonight...

:aswelcomesu: you are not alone here :notalone:,

the statistics are overwhelming to me too. I am so sorry that you had to go thru such hell and I am sorry that you are haunted by what happened.

I hope your counsellor will help you in the way you want help and I hope there are survivor groups in your area, maybe your counsellor would know about that.

take care

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi lilmskeys and welcome to AS.

My name is Sara and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions or problems then feel free to send me or another team member a message and we'll do our best to help.

I'm so sorry for what you've been through. I hope being here and being able to talk to other survivors who understand if not all then at least part of what you are going through. I hope you manage to find a program in your area that helps you. You can vent as much as you like here.

I hope you settle in well

Take care

Sara

Hello, and welcome to AS. :)

Get to know some of the Adult Survivors by clicking the link below. :flowers:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.ph...c=54369&hl=

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I am sorry that you feel alone, but please know you are not alone here. We all care about each other and are always happy to listen and offer support. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Welcome

I understand...I am battling it also...gave up on therapy. I couldn't leave the house if it wasn't for meds. Live in a very rural area, not too many friends...feel alone a lot. Would welcome your friendship.