blueapple09

I've Never Talked With Other Survivors Before

Hi everyone. I just joined and I'm really looking forward to talking with other survivors. I do have a therapist and a wonderfully supportive husband, but as I noted in the subject line, I have never talked with anyone who has survived sexual assault before, so I feel very alone in that regard.

I'm a mom of 3 teens in the U.S. midwest, a housewife, gardener, cook, baseball fan, lover of animals, science, reading, learning, and old movies. So, that's me in a nutshell. :)

Hi BlueApple and welcome to AS. I hope you find what your looking for here.

MermaidGirl91

Welcome to AS blueapple09

you'll find a lot of very friendly caring supportive people here.

Sending you caring healing thoughts. :aswelcomesu:

Atlantis

Hi there,

I think that it's a very important part of healing to be able to connect with other survivors and so you can both offer support, understanding, and validation, to each other one a level that often only survivors can provide to each other, in my own healing journey I've found AS to be a wonderful place to get that support. Well done for coming here :flowers:

I look forward to seeing you here and I hope you find this place very helpful :hug: and please don't hestiate to PM me anytime :)

Hello Blue, and welcome to AS. :)

:notalone::youcanheal::supportu::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: It is good to hear that you have such a supportive family, I am sure that is very helpful. I am glad you have joined us, I think it is important to be able to talk to others who truly understand what you have been through. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Welcome to AS. The forums remind me of school in the sense that I'm the student again that is afraid to ask a question but the teacher reminds me that whatever I ask there are three other people in the classroom with the same question. Sorry rambling, but there is always someone to identify with here. Take a look around.

:hi: