Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I've Never Talked With Other Survivors Before

Hi everyone. I just joined and I'm really looking forward to talking with other survivors. I do have a therapist and a wonderfully supportive husband, but as I noted in the subject line, I have never talked with anyone who has survived sexual assault before, so I feel very alone in that regard.

I'm a mom of 3 teens in the U.S. midwest, a housewife, gardener, cook, baseball fan, lover of animals, science, reading, learning, and old movies. So, that's me in a nutshell. :)

Hi there,

I think that it's a very important part of healing to be able to connect with other survivors and so you can both offer support, understanding, and validation, to each other one a level that often only survivors can provide to each other, in my own healing journey I've found AS to be a wonderful place to get that support. Well done for coming here :flowers:

I look forward to seeing you here and I hope you find this place very helpful :hug: and please don't hestiate to PM me anytime :)

Hello Blue, and welcome to AS. :)

:notalone::youcanheal::supportu::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: It is good to hear that you have such a supportive family, I am sure that is very helpful. I am glad you have joined us, I think it is important to be able to talk to others who truly understand what you have been through. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Welcome to AS. The forums remind me of school in the sense that I'm the student again that is afraid to ask a question but the teacher reminds me that whatever I ask there are three other people in the classroom with the same question. Sorry rambling, but there is always someone to identify with here. Take a look around.

:hi: