Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello I'm A Survivor.

hello my name is Melissa I'm 21 years old and I live in the United States. I am a survivor of sexual abuse by a family member. I hope to find others who have suffered the same type of abuse as I did and someday heal and forgive myself for letting it continue for so long..thanks

Edited by FairyRebel

Hello Melissa, and welcome to AS. :)

Hi Melissa,

Welcome to AfterSilence :hug: - I hope that by being here it helps you in your healing and helps you overcome the hurts that person caused to you, I am sorry that you went through that, however I am happy you've come here to be with others who have been through a similar experiences to you, and who can understand the hurt you're feeling. I can also hope that with time and healing you don't need to forgive yourself for anything as you've done nothing wrong at all.

Please take gentle care, and I look forward to seeing you here at AS :flowers:

John

Hi Melissa,

I'm 20 and was hurt by a family member too. I'm sorry for what you had to go through. It wasn't your fault that is happened or how long it happened. I hope you find what you are looking for here, and if you want to talk feel free to PM me:)

**hugs**

:wave: Welcome , Melissa! :wave:

I was not hurt by a family member, but have been through a very traumatic event.

I'm sorry that you have been hurt, you didn't deserve that and it wasn't your fault.

I hope you find the support you need. I look forward to knowing you.

take care,

Lawrence

Hi Melissa,

I too have experienced sexual abuse by a family member. I hope that you will be able to heal. It takes time and it happens in stages. I am 35 and have been running from it my whole life by being a super-achiever and caregiver to everyone else. Finally I am learning what it means to care for myself. I am feeling numb and paralyzed. I have been pulled by so many people b/c I have not learned that it is ok to say no. Everyone who tries to ask or push for more reminds me of my abuser. I hope to soon be able to sleep better, reduce anxiety and be able to say no with conviction. Setting up boundaries for yourself is important.

Do you or does anyone else relate? Any good coping methods?

Kawg

hello Melissa,

i am 16 years old.

i have been sexually assaulted by a family member and by their friends, it has hapend to me more than a few times over the years,

i am starting to heal and finding things easier, it takes time tho.

xx take care

Hello Melissa,

Welcome to After Silence!

My name is Jen, I am 25 years old and I too was abused (7 years) by a family member. (My older brother) I know how it feels to have to find it in yourself to forgive yourself for "letting" it happen for so long. If there is anything you need or would like to ask me about feel free to PM me!

~Jen

Hi Melissa,

I know how you feel. My name is Gill and I am 18 and was abused by a family member for several years also. You just have to remember it is NOT your fault and it will help you to get through.