Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Triggering Post In My Inbox

Most of the time I have no problem getting the post in my inbox. I actually like it because it keeps me up to date on how others are doing or if anyone has posted anything if I only have a short time on my computer. The problem has only happened 2 or 3 times that a post that comes to my inbox has been very :triggering: .When I've seen it posted on the site it has either been edited or had blackout of part of it. when I get it in my inbox there is no warning that it can be triggering. Is there a way for me to get it in my inbox after it has been editted if it needs it? Thank you.

Barb50

I was just not prepared it caught me off gaurd. And it wasn't seen as bad thing I just didn't know and was caught off Gaurd a warning would have been nice on this one I still love to hear from others

I am not really sure what you mean by receiving triggering pms - do you mean that someone sent you a personal message that was triggering - or do you mean that you received an automated topic notification when a new post was posted?

If it was the first - then people should be guided by the rules for posting on the board - it is only polite to include trigger warnings in personal pms - perhaps even more so - and I think you are well within your rights to ask that this be so. If you continue to receive triggering pms from the same member then please feel free to contact a moderator.

If it is the latter and you are recieving new topic notifications then I believe these are sent when they are posted and therefore they would not be edited by a mod.

You can change the settings for notification of new topics by going up to the top of the screen and clicking on

My Controls

On the left hand side you will see where it says subscriptions - if you click on each of these it will show you what your settings are for recieving e-mails and you can also change them there too.

I hope I have all the above correct - if not a more knowledgeable mod can put me right!!

karen