Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here...

Hello All....I don't know the average age here but I'm 61 yrs old... A mother and Grand Mother... Thought I had worked through this issue a few times,but now realize it has always been an intellectual thing for me and emotionally I was much removed ...So, Ill try once more.....

Hi SteelMagnolia61

Welcome to AS

My name is Cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at Aftersilence. I will be happy to help you settle in, if you have any problems or questions you send me or any member of the team a personal message.

There are people of all ages here, and everyone no matter what age is always welcomed here :)

I am sorry that the issue's have come back up for you, and for what has happened to you, but I am glad you found us. Look Forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Hugs and Support

Cathy :hug:

Hi SteelMagnolia61

Welcome to AS

My name is Cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at Aftersilence. I will be happy to help you settle in, if you have any problems or questions you send me or any member of the team a personal message.

There are people of all ages here, and everyone no matter what age is always welcomed here :)

I am sorry that the issue's have come back up for you, and for what has happened to you, but I am glad you found us. Look Forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Hugs and Support

Cathy :hug:

Their is no age limit here, as long as you follow the rules.Everyone is really nice and supportive.much luck.

Hello SteelMagnolia, and welcome to AS. :)

Get to know some of the Adult Survivors by clicking the link below. :flowers:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=54369

Edited by whimsical1

Welcome to After Silence Judith :flowers:

My names Ashley

AS is a very supportive community of all ages. Hope to see you around

Hi SteelMagnoli61

Welcome to AS,

It is nice to have you join us. I am so sorry that things are coming back up for you. That is 1 thing I personally have a hard time with. Although, I tend to bury mine just to cope. I am 32 years old, and starting to heal as I help others along the way. My hope is that you find this site helpful and that you will begin to feel less and less alone. You can PM me anytime if needed.

Hugs(if ok),

Found

Hi SteelMagnolia,

Welcome to AS. It doesn't matter what age you are or how long ago it happened, we're all here to support each other and heal, and I hope you're made very welcome here. Please feel free to post when you're ready. Wishing you all the best, and I'll see you round the boards...

:supportu:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rachael

Thank all of you so very much for your kindness.......I've spent most of my life extending a hand to others in need..... But it has always been difficult for me to ask for support or help. With the exception of professional help and even then ......... I guess I became, very early in life , what is called in T.A. "the little professor" children who have been abused often do that.... Thinking... if I just become smart enough, vigilant enough I can protect myself.... Not.... Anyway......Thanks again.........Judith :duh:

Edited by SteelMagnolia61