Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am A Survivor2

I am thirty-five years old and have survived childhood s. abuse, emotional abuse, bulimia and major depression, along with suicide attempts. God has been so merciful to me. I have been married for 14 years and have two children who have disabilities (autism). I am in my third year of teaching Special Education to Middle School students.

I am very lonely and have a difficult time finding friends. I have had two friends abandon me in the last two years. My heart is so sad.

Magnolia Crush

Hi Magnoila Crush,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at After Silence. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a personal message.

I am so sorry for what you have been through. I know how hard it is. You've taken a big step by coming here. You'll meet a lot of people here, and we do hope to get to know you. I know this path isn't easy, but this site has changed my life. It can be very hard when our friends abandon us, hang in there. Talk to us. We're all here for you. You can take as much or as little time you need:) We'll work at your pace=)

Mandy

I am thirty-five years old and have survived childhood s. abuse, emotional abuse, bulimia and major depression, along with suicide attempts. God has been so merciful to me. I have been married for 14 years and have two children who have disabilities (autism). I am in my third year of teaching Special Education to Middle School students.

I am very lonely and have a difficult time finding friends. I have had two friends abandon me in the last two years. My heart is so sad.

Magnolia Crush

hi....welcome

Hi magnolia crush,

Welcome to AS...

I am sorry that your friends have abandoned you at the time you needed them the most. This site is great for making friends, I personally have made many new great friends from here and I love them all dearly. I hope you find what your looking for in the board and im sorry for the things that brought you here.

It is grea to have you here never-the-less and hope to be friend and see you around on the board, take great care,

Lors x

Hello Magnolia, and welcome to AS. :)

Get to know some of the Adult Survivors by clicking the link below. :flowers:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=54369

Hello and welcome to AS!

Magnolia,

It is hard to trust people and I had the same issues however I did find that this board was an easy place to make friends for me anyway and easier to trust them as your not really giving anything away because at the end of the day you may never meet them in real life. Personally I found it easier that way, however everyone is different.

I hope you find some peace here and support.

Just take things at your on pace.

• 2 weeks later...