Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Terrified To Post Anything

Elpis

Greetings, my name is Audrey. I am hoping that I can find help here and that I can support others at the same time, but it is also very frightening. I have been tread upon and invalidated many time when I have tried to reach out to people before.

Four years ago a guy from my high school tried to rape me in a stairwell. He landed at the bottom of the stairs after a few minutes, but I can not remember what happened.

Six months ago I was diagnosed with PTSD, and four months ago I finally started telling people what happened.

I do not know if I am going about this the right way, but I hope I am. So here I am saying hello.

Audrey

Welcome to AS, just take your time, there is no pressure to tell your story ...... post when you feel comfortable and see how things go ... :hug:

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I can relate to feeling nervous and scared about opening up. I was also invalidated many times before I finally opened up again on this board. Just know that we are here to listen as you are ready to share. This is a safe space and we do not allow for judgment of others.

Take care,

Nicole :throb:

Hi Audrey,

I know how you feel. It is difficult to open up. You'll know when the time is right. The good thing about this forum is that it gives you a cahnce to say what you want without judgement

I want to add to everyone else and say welcome to AS too.

Regards,

Kathrina :flowers:

Greetings, my name is Audrey. I am hoping that I can find help here and that I can support others at the same time, but it is also very frightening. I have been tread upon and invalidated many time when I have tried to reach out to people before.

Four years ago a guy from my high school tried to rape me in a stairwell. He landed at the bottom of the stairs after a few minutes, but I can not remember what happened.

Six months ago I was diagnosed with PTSD, and four months ago I finally started telling people what happened.

I do not know if I am going about this the right way, but I hope I am. So here I am saying hello.

Audrey

The first step is always the hardest. Everything in YOUR time. This is about you and how you heal. Take your time and I wish you the best...

Hello Audrey, and welcome to AS. :)

I have been where you are and the fears are rough I have had to learn too trust and AM still working on it I AM one that took 3 a

Years. Too trust person that could help me and it was tint step at a time and she whanted me to trust a group and I melted down I still could not and this chat room was My first trust so it is not easy and your your own judge at what you are comfortable with I have found that with My freind who it took me along time to trust I was so afraid of everyone and things that I was. Really living and I would rather live than let the fears smother me I still have a lot of fears but I am not totaly dying a slow painful death inside I not saying it is perfect or anything like that but better it is a daily process your not alone

Hi and welcome to AS,

This is a very safe and supportive community here, there is no rush or pressure for you to say anything, why dont ya just have a look around and get comfortable with the board.

Im sure you will make many new friends here like i have, hope to see you around

Pinky

Audrey

Your doing the right thing and making the first step to get help.Welcome to as, everyone here is really nice and helpful.Heres to us getting through this together.Hugs if okay!

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi and welcome to AS :)

My name is Sara and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions or need any help feel free to send me a message.

You won't be invalidated here - I have found this site to be a constant source of support and validation and I'm sure you will as well.

You are doing it the right way - there is no wrong way! I hope you find everything you need here.

Take good care

Sara