Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

I'm a 20 yr old female survivor of extended childhood incest. I am working on my BS in psychology in Orlando. I am a proud crazy cat lady with two 6 mo. old kittens and my 11 yr old calico. I love to read fantasy/fiction books, listen to all kinds of music, and watch movies/shows.

All things considered, life is going well I guess... I don't have a lot of the traditional effects of what I've been through like flashbacks. But even without all that, I'm struggling and despite my meds I find myself wallowing in negativity more and more lately.

So I'm here to have an outlet that will hopefully keep me on track.

Thanks!

-Danielle.

Hi Danielle :wave:

Welcome to AS

My name is Cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at Aftersilence. I will be happy to help you settle in, if you have any problems or questions you send me or any member of the team a personal message.

I like cats too :P but they always run away :(

Just because you don't have flashbacks and the sort, does not mean you are not as affected as others, as I am sure you are aware everyone deals with things differently, and truly there is no "normal" responce to what you have gone through! I am sorry to hear you are feeling down lately, but I am glad you have found us, and I hope we can help :) Look forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Hugs and support

Cathy :hug:

Hi Danielle,

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to AS. Am sure you will find help and support here, however far along you are on this healing path, that we are on too. All crazy cat lovers very welcome!!

Best Wishes. Alie.x :kitty::aswelcomesu:

I wish mine had been loyal like that, but they were a bit crazy, no one liked them except me, and one was ferrel so what did I expect?

lol yeah my 11 yr old calico Sherry (short for Shere Khan, tiger in the Jungle Book) is a little bit spaztastic... she's my baby though :D I've had her since I was 10 or so (best thing my father ever gave me *rolls eyes*). She's a sweetheart for me, but a lil wary around other people unless they're sitting still and she can approach them instead of them walking up to her.

My kittens on the other hand... rambunctious wee furballs are fearless and god forbid you have any dangly bits on your clothes or they'll try to unravel you :P

Hello Danielle, and welcome to AS. :)