Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Can I Have My Joining Date Sorted Out Please?

Right so you know I joined as WhiteWolf in 2005 or 2006 yeah? Then I left and my account was closed. Then I came back, but couldn't have WhiteWolf again so I'm now Wolfie...

Well I noticed someone I know had left and returned too, and she's got her original joining date, from 2007, back.

Can I have mine back? Please?

I'm quite happy being Wolfie, but since I have actually been here ages and had a really small membership number, it would be nice if it reflected that by my name?

Especially because every time I write about my daughter or the breakdown I had I'm referencing issues many members here watched unfold in 2006, but which happened before it says I joined! That takes some explaining! Life is very, very trying at the moment and it'd be nice to be able to not have to think twice about what I write least anyone think I'm a liar.

Like many other survivors the "liar" thing really REALLY bothers me. This is limiting me to the extent I'm finding it hard to express what I desperately need to say right now. Because the truth is the membership DID watch me fall apart over the winter of 2006-2007... And now it could happen again... And I so badly need support it's unreal. But to get that support I need to talk, and to talk I need to know that 13,000 people aren't taking one look and thinking "lying b*tch". See what I mean?

So can we fix it please?

Edited by Wolfie

I am supporting Wolfie on this. I really hope you will consider changing her joining date back to her original one. She has suffered so much lately, and especially with the lying issues. SHE IS NOT A LIAR. In fact, she has been a prominent member, poster and supporter of AS. I think we ALL understand not being taken serious or being called a liar. PLEASE show her the honor she so deserves and give her this simple request. Giving her some confirmation and affirmation that will hopefully give her some much needed and deserved peace and tranquility. I hate having to beg, as that is a great trigger for me and others, but I am not against it on this issue if it will accomplish this simple but very empowering request. Thank-You for listening to my plea (and rant)!

I am using my real name to show just how serious I take this heartfelt request. April

Again, Thank-You for listening and for your consideration!

Edited by yankees37

Ok...I don't really know what the liar issue is all about here because I went into my turtle shell for awhile but I DO know this...Wolfie is as true blue as people come...she is down to earth and knows and tells the truth. And I appreciate her for that. Forgive me if I'm speaking out of order here but without friends like Wolfie, I would be in a much worse place that I am in currently.

Peace to all,

Kevin

• 8 months later...

When I first started talking to you I wanted to read more about your past so I could understand you better. I didn't want to have to ask about your daughter b/c I didn't know what kind of state you were in at the time. I looked back and saw someone named Whitewolf and automatically knew it was you. Not just b/c of the "wolf" in the name but just by the way you write. I love that about you. I feel like I'm sitting with you in the same room when I am reading your posts. I get the liar thing.

:bump:

i think this is a really simple request, and it sounds like it makes a world of a difference to a very special person.

i support you, wolfie, and i hope that someone takes action soon.

I understand from lindy that it is not possible to change the joining date - but she will contact you as soon as possible

karen

At the present time, we do not have the ability to change joining dates. Should anything change, I will let you know. My apologies for the inconvenience.

aaww wolfie :hug:

how about writing in your signature "on AS as WhiteWolf from xxx to xxx", would that help to make you feel more comfortable?

But you did last summer when [someone else] got thiers sorted, so what's different please because I don't understand?

Wolfie, can you please PM me with specifics? I don't recall doing this for anyone - our software simply unallows us to do so. If I had a way to do it, I would.

this topic to me semi doesn't make sense lol..

Me too.

Since wolfie is now in direct contact with lindy - I will close this topic

best wishes

karen