Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Freespirit23

Hello All

I care not to share my real name but I would like to go by Freespirit.

I am 23 years old. I was a victim of incest and molestation. I have lived with it for the past 18 years. Up until recently I thought I had put it behind me I thought I was ok until someone let me know that the promiscuity and drug and alcohol abuse that I was dealing with were because of this. My healing process began June 13, 2009. I have joined because I needed to see that I was not alone it this.

Freespirit

Hello Freespirit, and welcome to AS. :)

Hi Freespirit23,

You're definitely not alone. I too was a victim of incest and molestation for many years

as a child. Welcome to this healing place :flowers: and I want to congratulate you for

your willingness and courage to look at the pain of your past in order to change your future.

Warmly,

thisjourney

Edited by thisjourney
Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi Freespirit and welcome to AS :)

My name is Sara and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions or problems I'd be happy to help :)

It's ok you dont need to share your real name, many people here don't. Well done for joining and trying to heal - I'm sorry for what you've been through but so glad you found us. You are definitely not alone.

Take good care

Sara

Hello All

I care not to share my real name but I would like to go by Freespirit.

I am 23 years old. I was a victim of incest and molestation. I have lived with it for the past 18 years. Up until recently I thought I had put it behind me I thought I was ok until someone let me know that the promiscuity and drug and alcohol abuse that I was dealing with were because of this. My healing process began June 13, 2009. I have joined because I needed to see that I was not alone it this.

Freespirit

Welcome Freespirit! I am also new and an incest survivor.

-ikinokori