Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Public Welcome

Group: New Member

Member No.: 18,481

Hello to everyone,

I am new to this site and very very grateful to have found you all. It is forty three years after the deed and I am just starting to deal with it in a meaningful way. I guess better late than never.I have shut down emotionally over the years and I'm no longer sure what I feel. All these years I thought I was well adjusted but my therapist is showing me how all the "problems" i face are symptomatic of having PTSD and Atypical Depression. My eyes are being opened and I am feeling overwhelmed and really stupid.

I have spent the entire day reading everything and posting some things here and cannot believe what an amazing group of women you are. Every one of you have my deepest respect and highest praise for being such brave warriors--no matter where you are on your journey. I know the courage it takes and the pain that drives you. Thank you all for coming together in love and support.

Sincerely,

MamaKaren

Hi,

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

It definitely is better late than never; we all do what we can to survive. I am glad you found us and I hope you will find all the support and understanding you need.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Becky

Hello MamaKaren, and welcome to AS. :)

You're not stupid in any way!

Get to know some of the Adult Survivors by clicking the link below. :flowers:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=54369

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi mamakaren and welcome to AfterSilence :)

My name is Sara and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members, so if you have any questions or need any help then please feel free to send me or another team member a message and we'll do our best to help you :)

Its normal to be overwhelmed, and you are most definitely not stupid. You are also a warrior - you have survived and are here with us and I'm glad you found us. This site is so full of care and support and the atmosphere is one that is warm and loving :)

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you

Take good care

Sara