Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Timer

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for being here. I am not the type of person to verbalize a lot of what has happened to me but it's comforting to know that there are places like this where I can let off a little steam, be vulnerable, and know that others can relate to me.

I still relive my experiences almost daily, but I'm still here. I've been through hell and back, and I've found that it's not the experiences you go through in life that matter but how you react to them. I'm trying with all of my might to not let my memories, and the people who hurt me, defeat me.

I'm still fighting just to live my life, but I am NOT giving up! I've never done anything like this before and I hope it will give me some relief from the constant weight on my mind. Thank you again, and I'm looking forward to talking to you all.

Ro

Welcome! :hi::hug:

You have definitely come to the right place. I am fairly new also, but have come to find this place to be awesome. Everyone is so supportive and understanding. No one pressures anyone and we all know that you will share whatever you want to will us when you are ready!

You have strength in just joining, it's a step in the right direction...healing doesn't just happen over night. It takes steps...and joining is just one step of many.

it's not the experiences you go through in life that matter but how you react to them.

^I agree totally with you on this! :up: That is an great way to put it too!

Hi Ro, I'm new here too but wanted to extend my welcome, I'm mainly a lurker so far but AS is a really supportive environment- you've definitely come to the right place.

I really admire your strength and determination to not give up. You'll get there- and as JenKitty says, you've made the first and most important step by joining :)

Look forward to 'talking' to you!

Xxx AB xxX

hi, this is my first post.

i only recently found this site, and have not looked around much yet, but i am hoping it will help me. i am only recently starting to deal with what happened to me.

eta: sorry, meant to add my own topic. will do that now.

Edited by itspjw
Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi Ro and welcome to AS

My name is Sara and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in so if you have any questions or need any help then feel free to send me or another team member a message :)

This is definitely the right place to let off some steam and there are so many people here who will be able to relate to you. Your first post is actually really inspirational:

I've found that it's not the experiences you go through in life that matter but how you react to them

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing you around the board

Sara

Hi Ro, and welcome to AS. :)