Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Legal Action Forum?

Hiya,

sorry i deleted this ages ago thought it was maybe a stupid idea.

I was wondering if we could have a legal forum for those of us who have been through the legal system, who are going through it right now, or who are thinking of reporting.

So that we could all support each other with this. It's hard to know where to post this legal stuff.

Thankyou.

:wub:

watergirl x

Edited by watergirl
  • 2 months later...

I whent through the legal system and My son did and it was really rough and it was a nightmare I would think it is a personal decision I wouldn't know what to say because our experiences where to tramatizing and I wasn't happy with it. So I would never know what to say on it

Hey everyone,

I guess this is just my two cents, I really like this idea, and I hope the mods do also, but there was one thing I was thinking about which I wanted to say about, and maybe the reason the mods haven't replied yet, could be that with a legal forum could come things like indemnity liabilities, that's the only thing that would really worry me about a forum like this, :shrugs:

Also I think afew of the mods have been away from AS with outside commitment recently, but don't worry they're really good and I'm sure they'll reply eventually, I just think that the ones who aren't away at the moment are super busy covering for the others so might have missed it, but they always get to everyones suggestions eventually :)

Hey everyone,

I guess this is just my two cents, I really like this idea, and I hope the mods do also, but there was one thing I was thinking about which I wanted to say about, and maybe the reason the mods haven't replied yet, could be that with a legal forum could come things like indemnity liabilities, that's the only thing that would really worry me about a forum like this, :shrugs:

Also I think afew of the mods have been away from AS with outside commitment recently, but don't worry they're really good and I'm sure they'll reply eventually, I just think that the ones who aren't away at the moment are super busy covering for the others so might have missed it, but they always get to everyones suggestions eventually :)

hey john,

thanks for the reply. Its good to hear from a good guy in the world.

I haven't got a clue what indemnity liabilities are even though me a scientist but guessing this:

i wouldn't mention names of mine charged or that or go into detail etc about dates etc. None of the police stuff or court needs to be said in detail. Just emotinal support u know. Brief what's going on. I've gone through it cause of several things now my parents. I think people have lots of questions what happens when you report R or csa etc. And if i or others could help with that would be good too. Not forcing anyone to report. But can tell them where to get help etc.

And oops sorry lovely dedicated mods survivors wish i could help yous out right now.

Lots luv

Watergirl

Its a good idea!

I'm not sure about other mods, but I didn't reply on this because I'm not a forum mod so have no ability to make this decision, and also, I haven't been through the system so I wouldn't have anything to put in the forum.

Don't worry, just because there hasn't been a mod reply doesn't mean they aren't talking it over. It can take a long time to put together guidelines etc.

Rosi x

I think it's a dandy idea. Thank you, Watergirl. :hug: Organization is good!

I think it is a good idea too, I really think that those of us who have gone through the legal system in one way or another, could really help those who are considering it or waiting on a court date.

Paula :flowers:

Hey I just brought this up in the Chat Room last night lol I would really like it if they could make one for those of us going through the hell hole known as a legal system :)

Lisa Ann, you got that right. It's the Devil's Digestive System. :devil:

Maybe others can learn a little about what we do and how to find the elusive loopholes in the system. All in all, it will be a learning experience, and of course we wouldn't site names or places, etc.

Hey mods,

erm i'm just curious cause i haven't had a reply. Does that mean no to a legal forum?

Watergirl x

Hi,

no, it means we are discussing it. Thank you for your reply. Like everyone, we all get busy at times and read a bit more than reply to each post.

Hi becky,

yeah i understand. Thanks for letting me know you's are discussing it. I really appreciate it that mods are doing this and i am really grateful for all the hard work you all do here. No rush.

:ThankYou: mods :flowers:

:wub:

watergirl x

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this for good reason. The Defendant's lawyer wrote his whole memorandum around mine, which he didn't allow me to see until the date of the Arbitration. I shouldn't have signed off on the my hospital records that he asked me for at the Deposition. All he did was use them against me. So, the dismissal of my case was extremely biased, because at the end the lawyer states that this is an obvious attempt to get money from my "parent's". What did I have to prove to him? Legal Aid is a joke, so we need to help eachother through this mess. I cannot wait to do this again!! I am fired up! I automatically get a new date when I file the appeal.

Lindy, you are the best! Thank you for all of your hard work and wonderful site. (Vera and every one else, too!) :)

:loveas: