Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

hi everybody, this is very new to me, although what happened to me happened a long time ago it is recently really effecting me, i had blocked it out for so long and egnored it as part of life but i've been really ill lately and things just really got on top of me, i confided in my manager at work who is also a very good friend which made me feel a lot better because i finally had someone to talk to and someone who also understood the reasons for me being the way i am, she encouraged to me to give counselling another go which i am, i am waiting for my first appoinment in a week and a half, but i didn't think that reopening this part of my life would effect me the way it has and to be honest i don't think i like the way it has, i've never really been a big drinker but lately have been drinking on the weekend, but on Friday one of my other friends in work asked me to go out with her for a drink and i said yes because i really wanted to do it but when it came to it i just couldn't, i started to freak out and panic and when i talked to my manager/friend again she told me not to go if it was making me feel that way so i didn't but i felt so bad because my other friend just didn't understand what was happening, it really made me feel depressed and i just hated myself and was so angry but last nite i was still feeling really down and decided to hide all my feeling with alcohol which i thought was a good idea but it wasn't it just made me feel worse actually, my friend sounded concerned when she knew what i was doing because she said i could start to think that this was the only way that i could feel better and i dont want that, so here i am, seeing if this will help, i can only give it a go right.

thank-you for listening

Hi there,

Welcome to AS. This is a great place to get support from those who have been through similar ordeals. Thats great that you are giving counselling a go. I hope it goes really well for you. Take care

Lynn

Welcome to AS. :)

Hey lolly,

I'm sorry for what has happened in you past and how that's affecting you now, I hope that going into theraphy soon will give you the support you need, and I hope being here also helps you in your healing, this place is a really nice place to be, and heal with others who've been through similar experience to you :flowers:

I look forward to seeing you here :hug:

John

Hi,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what has brought you here but I am glad you found us. This is a great safe place and I hope you get as much support as you want/need. There is no pressure to post anything so just take your time

Take gentle care

-TL

HI , WELCOME HERE ,

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM AN OLD ONE BUT YOU CANT CHOOSE THE EASY WAY IT IS HARD I KNOW BUT YOU RE STRONGER THAN THAT YOU CHOOSE TO ESCAPE FROM WHAT YOU RE FACING BY DRINKING IT IS NOT GOING TO MAKE YOU RE LIFE BETTER IN THE OPPOSITE IT MAKE YOU RE LIFE MORE COMPLEX CALM YOU RE SELF DO NOT PUSH YOU RE SELF TOO HARD .

I KNOW WHAT YOU RE FEELING BY NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL YOU RE FRIEND YOU NOT ALONE .

TAKE CARE