Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Think I'm A Survivor.

My incident happened almost a month and half ago....I think I am a survivor, but I'm not sure if I've survived yet. I don't know if I'm healing. I want to be there but I am still afraid...i sleep with the light on and refuse to sleep in my room, because I feel to cut off too alone. I don't know what to do and I feel lost now.

My incident happened almost a month and half ago....I think I am a survivor, but I'm not sure if I've survived yet. I don't know if I'm healing. I want to be there but I am still afraid...i sleep with the light on and refuse to sleep in my room, because I feel to cut off too alone. I don't know what to do and I feel lost now.

I am happy that you are reaching out. Welcome to AS. I hope that you find much support here. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Much Comfort To You,

emt :aswelcomesu:

What you're feeling is normal. Consider yourself a survivor, though you may have not gone through healing yet, you ARE a survivor. You can make it, let the healing process begin and take its course. It can take a lot of time, and a lot of pain but healing must happen.

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi ki6261988

Welcome to AS

My name is Cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at Aftersilence. I will be happy to help you settle in, if you have any problems or questions you send me or any member of the team a personal message.

I am really sorry for what happened you, but I am glad you have found us. What you are going trough is normal, and yes you are a survivor, alot of us feel like we are not a survivor sometimes, but the truth is everyone here is a survivor! you have survived what happened! and you have survived a month and a half. So you are deffinitly a survivor

Look forword to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Cathy :hugs:

Cathy

Welcome to AS!!

Hey if you made it this far- you are a survivor! I personally think you are, but I understand where you are coming from.

:hug: :hug: You've been through a lot and you survived it! It takes time to heal but we'll get there :)

What you are feeling now is a natural reactions upon many survivors. It takes time to heal. It has taken me over 10 years to get to the point I am at now. Just take it one day at a time and remember that we all heal differently. Welcome to AS.

You are alive... that makes you a survivor. You are reaching out...shows courage and strength. You talk about seeing yourself as a survivor in the future. That shows that somewhere inside, you still have hope. All in all, it seems you are pretty amazing. I am sorry for what happened to you... wish I could fix it. Go back and erase it. But I can't, so I offer you the best I can - encouragement. Welcome to AS. As a SURVIVOR, you will find a lot of support here.

Welcome to AS ... :aswelcomesu:

Hi,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what has brought you here but I am glad you found us. This is a great safe place and I hope you get as much support as you want/need. There is no pressure to post anything so just take your time

Take gentle care

-TL