Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Need To Stop Doing This

How many times have I fallen from the net in the past 2 years? It seems like a lot when I think about it. I keep meaning to stat connected, but then get uneasy and sort of fade out. I do have some wonderful news though that I would like to share. I am also hoping to be more active and helpful in light of all of this.

When I used to read through the forums about a year ago, everything was a trigger. I found it hard to offer support when I was still hurting inside. Over the past 1-2 years, I have spent a lot of time self-healing. I had started my own business, which built my self-esteem. I had to close it down due to $ issues, but now I have a full time job that I like which also pays well.

My SO and I got our first apartment back in the beginning of May. We share the same bed, I do not flinch from his touch, back away or have flashbacks like I used to. I feel more confident, hold myself higher and just feel proud for all that I have survived.

I can finally have sexual relations with him without crying or any twinge of memory or flashback. I am now able to fall in love completely, without fear of him not understanding or walking away. We plan to get bonded through a justice of the peace in the fall. We've been together for almost 7 years.

Now, some of you may recall me working on something for other survivors. A book of sorts, with my poetry in it. The last time I worked on it, it sent sparks through my memory and I had to stop. That was over a year ago. I have since picked it back up and find that the poems do not trigger me. I also am starting a novel explaining what had happened as well as my healing process.

The one thing that upset me most of all when I was hurt, was that I could not find any silent companion to take comfort from. I wanted to find a book that I could relate to, that would tell me everything would be okay and to know I was not alone. I feared telling anyone and wanted to keep it secret. Even now, such a book is one I have not found. I have found ones on statistics, numbers and workbooks, but not something along the lines of a survivor's journal. That is the full reason as to why I am writing up my past now.

To bring comfort to others, in knowing what I have learned over the past 10.5 years.

Hope you all have been well ;)

Wow you have accomplished so much, you should be VERY proud of yourself :up:!

I am very proud of all that I have overcome in the past year. I am finding however that writing my story is a tad difficult. Need to take it in small amounts, you know?

Yes I do understand. One step at a time. :)

W

Edited by whimsical1

Welcome back to AS. :)

Welcome to AS ... :aswelcomesu: