Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Scared To Be Doing This...

emt

Hi, This is the first time I have done anything like this and I am very scared. I have been in therapy for a long while, but I am now in a place where I need to be able to relate and hear from other people who have been through similar things. My abuse has always been a big secret for me so this is terrifying. I am hoping, actually I don't know what I am hoping...just to feel connected I guess.

emt

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi emt, and welcome to AS!

I am part of the Newbie Support Team here to welcome you and help you out around the boards if you need it.

I know how it feels to keep secrets, and feel ashamed. I hope you can find some solace and healing, and that finding others like you will ease your fear.

If there is anything you need, please let me know via a PM. I'll send you an introductory email in a few minutes.

:supportu::hug:

Rachael

Hello and welcome to AS

We are a very caring compassionate group and theres always someone to relate to your experience and validate your feelinmgs..This is a place of unconditional acceptance.Im glad you found us and sorry for what youve been through to get you here.You matter to us here and we really do care

hugs to you

graice

Hi, This is the first time I have done anything like this and I am very scared. I have been in therapy for a long while, but I am now in a place where I need to be able to relate and hear from other people who have been through similar things. My abuse has always been a big secret for me so this is terrifying. I am hoping, actually I don't know what I am hoping...just to feel connected I guess.

emt

Welcome to AS. I'm new - you left replies on my two posts, for which I am grateful. :) I hope that we can both find whatever it is that we're after here - even if we don't know what exactly that is.

Welcome to AS. I think that you'll find this to be a very supportive place to visit. I have really found it healing to hear other people's stories and read that their feelings are often very similar to mine. No one understands survivors like other survivors. And as I post replies to their messages of self doubt or guilt, I find that I heal from my own guilt because I realize that it wasn't anyone's fault but the people who chose to hurt me. I hope you will find AS to be a safe place to come and talk about this very tough stuff. I'm glad you're here.

-Amy :tealribbon: