Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

We are new here. We have DID due to what happened as a child. Things are out of control at the moment & feel we need a lot of support but we are afraid of reaching out because of massive Trust Issues.

Allofus

Hey, I just wanted to give you a really warm welcome. I'm pretty new too (about three weeks) and I have found this to be a wonderful, safe place. I have been more than pleasantly surprised by how welcome I have been made to feel, and by the support and understanding I have found here. I am also amazed at how much better I feel since finding AS. It doesn't replace professional counciling, but It certainly has its place in your (my) healing.

Please feel free to pm me if you need help with anything or just want to talk. I look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

take really good care,

S

Welcome to AS. :)

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hello Allofus, and welcome to AS.

My name is Sara and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team, which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any questions about the board or how it works, or need some support then please feel free to message me or another member of the team.

I am glad you were able to take the step to join AfterSilence, and hope you get the support you need here. You might also be interested in taking a look at the DID Support Thread .

I hope you settle in well here and I look forward to seeing you around the boards

Sara

Hi there and welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I am sorry for what happened to you as a child but glad you all found your way here. This is a safe place and I hope in time you will feel a sense of trust and acceptance.

Make yourself at home :hi:

Hey Allofu,

Welcome to Aftersilence :hug:

I am glad that you've been able to come here to AS, and get support for what you've experienced, there is alot of support here, and I hope that it helps you in your healing :bighug:

If you need any help at all please feel free PM me :hug:

John :flowers:

Hello and welcome to AS

We are a very caring compassionate group and theres always someone to relate to your experience and validate your feelinmgs..This is a place of unconditional acceptance.Im glad you found us and sorry for what youve been through to get you here.You matter to us here and we really do care

hugs to you

graice